Rumor: Evander Kane Rumors

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Put aside the off-ice distractions that come part and parcel with the Evander Kane package and you get this:

I see a kid living off a reputation he forged 5 seasons ago. Since then, he hasn't hit 30 goals or broken the 50 point barrier and his PPG was on the steady decline until last season ( but still couldn't break 50 points - not even close ). For a guy that gets first line minutes every year since 20, that's not good production. He'll be 26 by training camp...not old, but I don't see his game improving. I also see his toughness being highly overrated... he beat up Alex Petrovic 3 times in a game. Whoop-de-do... that's the same guy who fought Greg Campbell to a draw. Yes, that Greg Campbell. Kane has the weakest fight card for a guy with a reputation for being a rough player that I can think of.

Oh, and he makes 5.2 million.

This should be a hard swipe left for the Bruins.

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
I'd rather leave Kane in Buffalo and see him dance with Miller. That being said, if the deal is for Beleskey and peanuts I'm in - but that just ain't realistic...

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
I'd rather leave Kane in Buffalo and see him dance with Miller. That being said, if the deal is for Beleskey and peanuts I'm in - but that just ain't realistic...

Lebrun, bobby Mac, Dreger, Friedman.

These are your insiders

Eklund is a joke and has 0 credibility all gossip

NOT to mention why would they dealing with in the division.. same with Drouin he's not being dealing with in the division

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Lebrun, bobby Mac, Dreger, Friedman.

These are your insiders

Eklund is a joke and has 0 credibility all gossip

NOT to mention why would they dealing with in the division.. same with Drouin he's not being dealing with in the division

For discussion purposes, the Bruins need an LW. Kane is an LW. I don't care who said it, it could have been a poster suggesting it. It only matters if it comes to fruition, otherwise, it's all just forum chatter, which is the purpose of these boards.

Who are some names out there? Landeskog is one. Anyone else right now? Kane is a reasonable discussion, regardless of who said it.

Also, divisional trades happen these days, it's not common, but not unheard of. Kane isn't a big enough name at this stage to warrant worrying about trading in division, in my opinion.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
For discussion purposes, the Bruins need an LW. Kane is an LW. I don't care who said it, it could have been a poster suggesting it. It only matters if it comes to fruition, otherwise, it's all just forum chatter, which is the purpose of these boards.

Who are some names out there? Landeskog is one. Anyone else right now? Kane is a reasonable discussion, regardless of who said it.

Also, divisional trades happen these days, it's not common, but not unheard of. Kane isn't a big enough name at this stage to warrant worrying about trading in division, in my opinion.

You may not think Kane is a big name and thats your opionion, but a guy who scored 28 goals last year on an awful team with 1 year left on his contract absolutely will be very intriguing to many teams and as such the Bruins Price will be much higher than others.

Trades happen in the division only when the team has no choice and I doubt there won't be many teams giving Kane a chance for 1 year.

Plus as I stated this is an Eklund rumour. He has 0 credibility and all his trades "rumours" belong in the trade/ purpose thread because they are as likely to happen as a post from you or I

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad