Proposal: Evander Kane and Tyson Barrie to Vancouver

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
I am very anti-Kane and even I think your proposal for him is laughable.

Despite his issues and high salary, he is still a solid player that would commend a somewhat decent return.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Buffalo may want to move out Kane, but that does not mean at all costs. They would be better off keeping him than dealing him for Sbisa.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I am very anti-Kane and even I think your proposal for him is laughable.

Despite his issues and high salary, he is still a solid player that would commend a somewhat decent return.

I don't think his salary is really that bad. $5.25M for 2 years for a 24 year old who has put up 30 and puts up north of 20 goal pace regularly.

Would easily take him in LA.

If the OP was remotely close to something Buffalo would consider I would hope LA Would beat it with Gaborik & Forbort

Orca Whalers

May 24, 2013
Canucks fan here and even I think these proposals are lowball offers. I'd love to have Kane and Barrie but gotta give to get.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I really don't see many teams willing to give up anything substantial for Kane. Let's be honest here. He's a problem child. He's too old now for it to be a phase. Teams today are very cautious about adding that into the room regardless of skill. I can see teams willing to risk it if it were an addition by subtraction for Buff.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Hearing a lot of rumours about both of these players headed to Van.

To Buffalo
Luca Sbisa, 2018 5th

To Van
E.Kane

To Col
Jannik Hansen, Derek Dorsett, CBJ 2nd (2017/18), Guillaume Brisebois, Van 2017 6th

To Van
RFA rights to T.Barrie
Hey Avs fans! Pouliot, Yakupov and 2nd for Barrie isn't looking so bad now is it? :laugh:

I do hope that trainwreck Kane does make his way to Vancouver but I'd prefer for them to pay a lot more than that

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I really don't see many teams willing to give up anything substantial for Kane. Let's be honest here. He's a problem child. He's too old now for it to be a phase. Teams today are very cautious about adding that into the room regardless of skill. I can see teams willing to risk it if it were an addition by subtraction for Buff.

FOH. Happy not to trade Kane. Still yet to be charged with a crime in Buffalo, ever. This coming off the heels of a botched investigation on the other Kane, so a disproportionate number of resources were assigned to the Evander case(s). Nothing. He puts himself in bad situations, and by all accounts he's a jerk, but he's not a criminal, so let's cool it with the addition by subtraction bs.

Last edited:

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Hey Avs fans! Pouliot, Yakupov and 2nd for Barrie isn't looking so bad now is it? :laugh:

I do hope that trainwreck Kane does make his way to Vancouver but I'd prefer for them to pay a lot more than that

Considering Chiarelli Draisaitl + 1st should be expected :laugh:

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
FOH. Happy not to trade Kane. Still yet to be charged with a crime in Buffalo, ever. This coming off the heels of a botched investigation on the other Kane, so a disproportionate number of resources were assigned to the Evander case(s). Nothing. He puts himself in bad situations, and by all accounts he's a jerk, but he's not a criminal, so let's cool it with the addition by subtraction bs.

Who said anything about him being a criminal? I said he is a problem child, which he is. Addition by subtraction is exactly what he'll be. Everyone always over values trades on these forums and when they actually occur they're a fraction of what they were proposed to be. Kane, if traded, will end up being a contract dump and addition by subtraction by BUFF. I guarantee it. Either way, I'm not going to debate what a player like Kane is actually worth. He's a head case and adds nothing but internal drama.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
The Kane one is laughable :laugh:
Issues aside, he is still a good player, which Sbisa is not.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I don't think his salary is really that bad. $5.25M for 2 years for a 24 year old who has put up 30 and puts up north of 20 goal pace regularly.

Would easily take him in LA.

If the OP was remotely close to something Buffalo would consider I would hope LA Would beat it with Gaborik & Forbort

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess no.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
vancouver moves out some spare parts to get a young winger and dman?

lol

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Do you not think that Colorado could turn Hansen, CBJ 2nd, Dorsett, and a 6th into a mid 1st if they wanted a high pick? Hansen could return a pick 20-35 on his own, CBJ 2nd will probably be 31-41.

You wouldn't think Brisebois and a 6th added to say 25 And 35 could get you to 15?

hansen is probably 25-30ish. the 2nd makes is 19-24 ish. the other parts have so little value its a stretch it would make it to 15. id guyss about 17 OA.

Barrie has more value than that, and thats ignoring the facc that the deal doesnt fit colorados needs at all.

horvat, tanev, virtanen, boeser, 2017 1st..thos are the things colorado would want. you didnt include anything close to that

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
If that is the return on Evander Kane then Buffalo might was well

1. Leave him exposed for Vegas to pick up
or
2. Just cut him outright and make an example of him.

Assuming they've decided to move on from him.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
both trades are horrible. If you were colorado would you want that scrap? Now rethink your proposal and come back with valuable pieces going back, the other team has no use for all that stuff. Think Virtanen, 1st 2017 and other, not a 2nd, a 3rd liner, a 5th, an ahler, etc...

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
The Barrie proposal is pretty terrible.
I do think Evander Kane is going to return less than what HF Boards thinks. This proposal probably isn't too far off what he returns. He'll probably get around a 2nd or 3rd round pick, but the longer Buffalo waits, the more his value is going to decline (unless he has a great season). Players that have recently struggled and have off-ice character issues never garner the return fans think they will. I can't think of too many recent examples, but Kassian is a decent comparable.
As a nucks fan I think the price for Barrie is Edler and a 3rd. or Tanev with the Avs adding. people who Actually watch him know his value. as for the other trade, because of some of the idiotic nuck fans who know nothing they rag on Sbisa. Forgetting how much better he was doing last year when he wasnt forced to play over his head. He actually had decent numbers. When he got hurt we really crapped the bed. When Edler got hurt it was even worse. When hammer got hurt we were fine. Im not saying Sbisa is a stud top 4, but he is a good 5 or 6, who improved last year and has a lot of potential, and knows how to lay a big hit. Most of my fellow nucks fans, expected him to excel as a top4 while playing the wrong side, or being paired with yaneck webber. All the haters will see what the real fans in Van see this year. Oh well im sure im gonna get called names, by all the experts who never actually have seen him play, or the 12 year old nuck fans who know nothing about hockey.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
E.Kane has value at an all time low, and Barrie is not signed, it's to RFA rights.

Hansen is a 1st/2nd in terms of value
CBJ 2
Dorsett is a 3/4
Brisebois 3
Van 6

That's a late first early second, another 2nd, 3rd, 3rd and 6th in terms of value.

Based on what the Habs paid for a much younger Shaw, and what Washington paid for a 3-year younger Eller, with two years of contract (same as Hansen), I doubt Hansen would get you a 1st. You're probably looking at mid-2nd at best, with maybe another later pick on top.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad