Proposal: Evander Kane and Tyson Barrie to Vancouver

HarvP19

Nov 19, 2014
I know evander kane is acting like a moron off the ice, but he is worth way more than luca freaking sbisa and 3rd rounder.

as for tyson barrie you have to start with Hutton and add.

number72

Oct 9, 2011
Hearing a lot of rumours about both of these players headed to Van.

To Buffalo
Luca Sbisa, 2018 5th

To Van
E.Kane

Why the teams do it

Buffalo wants to get rid of a problem player, and the dman market is very high right now. Van clears out their defensive logjam and takes on a high risk player in E.Kane hoping a return home straightens him out a bit.

To Col
Jannik Hansen, Derek Dorsett, CBJ 2nd (2017/18), Guillaume Brisebois, Van 2017 6th

To Van
RFA rights to T.Barrie

Why the teams do it

Colorado avoids potentially expensive arbitration with Tyson Barrie, and adds a versatile middle six winger, a 4th line RW in Dorsett, a high 2nd from CBJ, a top 4 RD prospect in Brisebois, and a 6th rounder.

Vancouver adds a PMD to their lineup and helps accelerate their "retool"

I agree with the justification of how it helps both teams though both BUF and COL need to add to make this trade happen

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
E.Kane has value at an all time low, and Barrie is not signed, it's to RFA rights.

Hansen is a 1st/2nd in terms of value
CBJ 2
Dorsett is a 3/4
Brisebois 3
Van 6

That's a late first early second, another 2nd, 3rd, 3rd and 6th in terms of value.

Just as awful as how you originally spelled it out!!!

Kolzilla

May 20, 2015

To Buffalo
Luca Sbisa, 2018 5th

To Van
E.Kane

Why the teams do it

Buffalo wants to get rid of a problem player, and the dman market is very high right now. Van clears out their defensive logjam and takes on a high risk player in E.Kane hoping a return home straightens him out a bit.

To Col
Jannik Hansen, Derek Dorsett, CBJ 2nd (2017/18), Guillaume Brisebois, Van 2017 6th

To Van
RFA rights to T.Barrie

Why the teams do it

Colorado avoids potentially expensive arbitration with Tyson Barrie, and adds a versatile middle six winger, a 4th line RW in Dorsett, a high 2nd from CBJ, a top 4 RD prospect in Brisebois, and a 6th rounder.

How can you make the bolded statement about Sbisa and then offer spare parts for a dman like Barrie?

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Yeah, this is awful.

Considering the reports are Draisaitl, Yakupov, and a strong third piece is the ask for Barrie right now from Edmonton, you are not getting Barrie without Tanev in the offer.

Yeah... Sorry but the price for Barrie does not begin with Tanev or Draisaitl... more likely Nurse or Hutton

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
If there was ever a time to look at trading for Evander, it would be now while his rep is so low. He's a good player on anybody's 3rd line.

Maybe Vancouver would be a good spot to try and figure out his off ice professionalism, maybe not. I don't know.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Barrir's arbitration contract will be for way, way less than people think. Arbitration is going to be a win for the Avs, they have no reason not to go through with it and just keep him around until our young draftees are ready to step into the top 4.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
Worst proposal I've read in a long time, oilers would do way better than that for barrie

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo would be better off suspending Kane for the year then taking that return.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Proposals this bad happen every day on HF....and then it's crazy because these same people turn around and call GMs idiots for pages on end

:laugh: anyone else see why it's better to just leave it to the professionals ?

so true

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

To Buffalo
Luca Sbisa, 2018 5th

To Van
E.Kane

Why the teams do it

To Col

To Van
RFA rights to T.Barrie

Why the teams do it

Both of those are awful.

Kolzilla

May 20, 2015
I don't think Barrie will ever return you a top 5 draft pick. Like ever. He's a #2D no one would ever pay a top 5 pick for that. If someone offered a top 5 pick for Barrie UNSIGNED he would no longer be on the Avs

Well, holding you to your logic about Hansen's worth, Sbisa's worth, etc., Taylor Hall was a 1OA and just returned what many have deemed a #2D in Adam Larsson...

And why do you keep bringing up an unsigned RFA like it has little value? Unless he's bolting for the KHL that means next to nothing.

So when Horvat, Hutton, and Gudbranson are up for RFA next year how about they get moved for like a bottom sixer and a fifth, because, y'know, they aren't signed. :shakehead

tylerjohnson2626

Jun 6, 2016
Victoria, BC
Brisebois is a dime a dozen prospect. Every team in the league has 3-4 guys exactly like him if not more.

He'd be the #6 D prospect on the Avs. He has almost no value to us.

#25 + #35 + 6th would maybe get a team to #18.

AND, Barrie isn't just worth a Top 15 pick. He's worth a Top 10 Pick AND another very good piece along with that.

If the Avs moved Barrie to Vancouver, it would take either Horvat + 1st or Virtanen + 1st.

We dont move him for any less then that. Plain and simple.

haha ok. You want Boeser too?

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
The Barrie proposal is pretty terrible.
I do think Evander Kane is going to return less than what HF Boards thinks. This proposal probably isn't too far off what he returns. He'll probably get around a 2nd or 3rd round pick, but the longer Buffalo waits, the more his value is going to decline (unless he has a great season). Players that have recently struggled and have off-ice character issues never garner the return fans think they will. I can't think of too many recent examples, but Kassian is a decent comparable.

Kane returning LESS than what HF Boards think? Have you read the total crap that has been being offered in every one of the 75 Evander Kane trade threads? (funny how there's a new Kane trade thread every time I sign on here, yet nobody wants to trade for him). I don't think it's possible he returns less... He adds a lot on the ice for Buffalo. They gladly just keep him rather than trade him for nothing.

Here's another scenario for you - Kane is totally cleared of any wrong doing, just like last time and he goes on to have an even better season than last year now that he's not returning from injury/surgery and has already played a year with his teammates + knows what is expected of him in Bylsma's system. Kane looked better and better as the year went on. If he picks up where he left off, he could have a darn good season.

Tim Murray is NOT dumping Kane for spare parts, simple as that. He already said he's in no hurry to rush to judgement on this. He said he will wait and see if Kane's even charged. Murray just paid a TON to get Kane barely a year ago. He's been good in the locker room, is very well liked by his teammates, has been active in the Buffalo community doing charity work and gives 110% every time he's out on the ice. Oh, and even though there was a police investigation last time, he was never charged or even accused of anything, by the police or by the girl in question. It was just the hospital following their procedures. So it was all a big fuss over nothing. This time could be the same thing. If it's not, then Murray will deal with it, and even then he's not going to trade him for nothing.

I almost want Kane to get traded at this point, so HF can freak out over the return he brings. Guarantee its more than the crap being offered here (otherwise he won't be trade at all).

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
If there was ever a time to look at trading for Evander, it would be now while his rep is so low. He's a good player on anybody's 3rd line.

Maybe Vancouver would be a good spot to try and figure out his off ice professionalism, maybe not. I don't know.

Buffalo simply won't trade him if his value is truly as low as what this board seems to think. Did you see what Murray just gave up to get him last year? Do you honestly think he's going to trade him away for peanuts? Seems like a great way to lose your job to me.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Kane returning LESS than what HF Boards think? Have you read the total crap that has been being offered in every one of the 75 Evander Kane trade threads? (funny how there's a new Kane trade thread every time I sign on here, yet nobody wants to trade for him). I don't think it's possible he returns less... He adds a lot on the ice for Buffalo. They gladly just keep him rather than trade him for nothing.

Here's another scenario for you - Kane is totally cleared of any wrong doing, just like last time and he goes on to have an even better season than last year now that he's not returning from injury/surgery and has already played a year with his teammates + knows what is expected of him in Bylsma's system. Kane looked better and better as the year went on. If he picks up where he left off, he could have a darn good season.

Tim Murray is NOT dumping Kane for spare parts, simple as that. He already said he's in no hurry to rush to judgement on this. He said he will wait and see if Kane's even charged. Murray just paid a TON to get Kane barely a year ago. He's been good in the locker room, is very well liked by his teammates, has been active in the Buffalo community doing charity work and gives 110% every time he's out on the ice. Oh, and even though there was a police investigation last time, he was never charged or even accused of anything, by the police or by the girl in question. It was just the hospital following their procedures. So it was all a big fuss over nothing. This time could be the same thing. If it's not, then Murray will deal with it, and even then he's not going to trade him for nothing.

I almost want Kane to get traded at this point, so HF can freak out over the return he brings. Guarantee its more than the crap being offered here (otherwise he won't be trade at all).

That's a pretty optimistic (and unrealistic) scenario. But to each their own. I grew up with friends that knew Kane, he's always had a huge ego and arrogance which has been a problem. His house that he grew up in East Van got egged once, that doesn't happen unless you really piss people off.

You're right, Murray doesn't have to dump Kane just to get rid of him. But it's also not an ideal situation to keep Kane on the team when the relationship between him and the organization continues to deteriorate and becomes toxic. That's what began happening in Winnipeg which forced the original trade. If this was the first time something bad happened with Kane, it wouldn't be an issue. But everyone is now seeing a trend with his personality and that must have a pretty big impact on his value.

And my comment about HF Boards' value on Kane is excluding the posters that are extreme and value him so low. I take those posts with a grain of salt.

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
I don't think Barrie will ever return you a top 5 draft pick. Like ever. He's a #2D no one would ever pay a top 5 pick for that. If someone offered a top 5 pick for Barrie UNSIGNED he would no longer be on the Avs
Hall just returned Larson. Look at it like this homie. If all av fans say no, it's a bad proposal no matter what YOU think. It takes two to mLe a trade we S fans like to come to some sort of consensus. It's like you stick your fingers in your ears. Pay what we would like or move on... pretty simple concept

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad