Confirmed Signing with Link: Evander Kane and Sharks 7 years ×7 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duodenum

Jul 7, 2008
East Vancouver
Well the Sharks are getting what they paid for.

20 goals and 40 points per year.

Don't know why they spent 7 million a year to get that though.

Reactions: zeke

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
What did people really expect from Evander Kane? He has proven over many years now that he is streaky, injury prone and on pace for around 25-30 goals every season player but never plays 82 games.
He is a very mediocre playmaker as well.

Sharks overpaid by a good amount for him and it was obvious from day one, JVR got the same money a season and less term and he scored 36 last season.

Adam Henrique is a pretty good comparable in terms of a player that is worth around the same amount of $ imo and he got 5,825m*5 years....

Evander Kane has really managed to get a lot of money out of a pretty mediocre NHL career, so well done to his agent.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Trade you Lucic for him. It will save you guys millions in the long run, a million of extra cap space and the contract expires 3 years sooner. You don't even have to add to the deal.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
I really can’t believe how much this guy has made off of being a mediocre, 20 goal, 50 point guy based on hype. Good for him I guess, but he’s a wiener about it.
The dozens and dozens and dozens of players who are better than him and paid far less, though.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Underwhelming production...check
Selfish play and bad penalties...check
Off ice distraction...check
People still convinced he can score 40+ goals...check

Standard Evander Kane

Sharks fans will all come around eventually

Beimg on track for his second best point total ever = underwhelming production?

People posting hot takes on the internet....check.

Reactions: Crazy Joe Divola

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
Beimg on track for his second best point total ever = underwhelming production?

People posting hot takes on the internet....check.

People are more concerned with him being paid top 6 money and not performing like one. scoring 40 something points shouldn't warrant a 7 million dollar deal.
I mean....people still think Dustin Brown is overpaid at 5.8 million after scoring 60 points last season and on pace to score over 50 points again.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Bookmark my comment and pretty much like 75% of this thread, this will be one of the worst contracts in the league in a year or two. The chemistry of Kane and Pavelski was super overblown.

The worst part is the Sharks didn't just overspend, they gave up a 1st to do it.

Adding to the pile but with my comment from May.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Dudes on pace for over 300 shots... he must be an outstanding possession player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad