Confirmed Signing with Link: Evander Kane and Sharks 7 years ×7 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
They'll probably regret it in the latter half of the contract but not at the end of next year. Sharks are going to be the best team he's ever played on and it'll help his game.

That depends on what you think Kane is...

$7M a season for 7 seasons for a 27 year old, oft injured, ~50 point winger, with questionable character? I run away from that contract immediately.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
That depends on what you think Kane is...

$7M a season for 7 seasons for a 27 year old, oft injured, ~50 point winger, with questionable character? I run away from that contract immediately.

That's if you believe your team is incapable of making him any better. Sharks can and likely will.

Reactions: mrpither

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Sharks adding studs, but were a better team two years ago when they went to the SC finals. But I see the rationale here for them. Stars got to old and needed to bring in talent. Not sure the adds are a fit. Kane vastly over rated.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
When I’ve watched him this year he’s looked disinterested. Looks like he got his money and will coast to retirement.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
The emergence of Meier makes him a bit redundant. I'm interested to see what happens with Pavelski. Wilson used to be the best at keeping cap flexibility, but he's handed out a bunch of max term deals lately.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
The emergence of Meier makes him a bit redundant. I'm interested to see what happens with Pavelski. Wilson used to be the best at keeping cap flexibility, but he's handed out a bunch of max term deals lately.
It might be best to try and get out from under Kane's contract while they can. Given his young age and respectable career scoring average, that contract should not be difficult to move to someone who thinks they can set the conditions to see Kane have a resurgence. Cap space is gold in today's NHL so if he has become an expensive and unnecessary part of the roster it might be time to get rid of him so that cap space can be used to adress the needs of the Sharks roster, which are surprisingly extensive right now.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
It might be best to try and get out from under Kane's contract while they can. Given his young age and respectable career scoring average, that contract should not be difficult to move to someone who thinks they can set the conditions to see Kane have a resurgence. Cap space is gold in today's NHL so if he has become an expensive and unnecessary part of the roster it might be time to get rid of him so that cap space can be used to adress the needs of the Sharks roster, which are surprisingly extensive right now.

What sane GM would take on a 7x7 locker room cancer and health risk just so he can build a team around Kane to "set the conditions" for his resurgence? The downside is an anchor of a contract for the better part of a decade, the absolute best case scenario is what, a 60 point winger? You can find a better Kane in free agency any given year, usually for less than 7x7.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Underwhelming production...check
Selfish play and bad penalties...check
Off ice distraction...check
People still convinced he can score 40+ goals...check

Standard Evander Kane

Sharks fans will all come around eventually

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
When I’ve watched him this year he’s looked disinterested. Looks like he got his money and will coast to retirement.

Why would you say that?

kane.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad