Europe-bound and retirements

Default101

Radulov may not go to Russia afterall as Nashville and the NHL are disputing his ability to sign a contract since he has 1 year left on his NHL contract.

didn't that happen with Semin and Washington and Washington won that... they gotta realize they're not in Russia, they cant give 2 weeks and walk away.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
didn't that happen with Semin and Washington and Washington won that... they gotta realize they're not in Russia, they cant give 2 weeks and walk away.

Semin did go to Russia though, the year before the lockout.

I think it is not so much a question of Radulov being able to walk away as one of how do you stop him. You can sue him here for breach of contract, win, and then what? Is he really not going to suit up in Russia because a judge here says so?

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site

SensGod

Feb 27, 2002
Scotia Bank Place
Visit site
Does anyone have the terms of what Artyukhin's contract with Dallas was before he left for Europe? No record of it in the league history files... he must have signed a contract after his rookie NHL season and then immediately signed in Europe before he played with Dallas (HFNHL)

I just went back through my files that I have and can't find anything on my laptop. I might have something on my backup drive at home. I'll check that, but I doubt that I do.

I'm not even 100% sure if he's signed. I figured he'd never come back and almost released him last year...but luckily I didn't.

Do I need to negotiate a new contract with him based on his new NHL contract or would Reggie have some sort of record of what his contract in the HFNHL was?

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
I just went back through my files that I have and can't find anything on my laptop. I might have something on my backup drive at home. I'll check that, but I doubt that I do.

I'm not even 100% sure if he's signed. I figured he'd never come back and almost released him last year...but luckily I didn't.

Do I need to negotiate a new contract with him based on his new NHL contract or would Reggie have some sort of record of what his contract in the HFNHL was?

I thought maybe he was a prospect that never signed a deal, but he started appearing on your prospect list as Evgeny Artyukhin (Europe) so I assume he signed a deal just before he went back to Europe. Worst case scenario, you'll just have to negotiate a new deal... it shouldn't be far off of what he signed a couple years ago.

SensGod

Feb 27, 2002
Scotia Bank Place
Visit site
I thought maybe he was a prospect that never signed a deal, but he started appearing on your prospect list as Evgeny Artyukhin (Europe) so I assume he signed a deal just before he went back to Europe. Worst case scenario, you'll just have to negotiate a new deal... it shouldn't be far off of what he signed a couple years ago.

I vaguely remember that I had him signed and ready to go on a rookie contract...then he bolted.

I'll dig through my email archives and see if I can find anything.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
does this mean he cant play for me this season? do i also lose his rights or does he goto my prospect list?

robb

Yes, it means he can't play for you this season; he moves to your prospect list (although we're discussing whether players in this case can be rleased outright at the GM's option).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad