GWT: Europa League - 2022/23 Group Stages

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Easily a straight red and a 5+ game suspension the other way would have been the least that's appropriate. He had zero interest in playing the ball, went studs way high and threw his hip into him.
Didn’t see it as but the commentators were annoyed he even got called for the foul. Hilarious view points after reading your comment

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Official turning this into a clownshow.

Didn’t see it as but the commentators were annoyed he even got called for the foul. Hilarious view points after reading your comment

I haven't found the replay on twitter yet. But basically he was pissed that Garnacho wasn't called for a foul on him and was pissed off. Saw Martinez have a bit of a heavy touch and then pretended he was trying to get in front of the ball by going straight leg studs to "block" the ball off narrowly missing Martinez leg but still following through incredibly hard into his chest as Martinez was sliding.

Reactions: Jussi

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Looks like Fischer's going for it with the lineup in this final match; we need to win to make sure we advance.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Noah Atubolu recorded his first EL start today. He's been a riser over the past few years at the youth levels and seems to be on the cusp of that jump to senior-team football having also appeared for SCF's senior team in the Pokal.

Unfortunately, Schade got injured again. I didn't see it but hopefully he's not out for too long; kid is one of my favorite tier-2 german attacking prospects when fit & playing with confidence.

Volland with two goals for Monaco in the first half, a header and a placed shot. In the 1st goal, Borjan came out terribly mistimed for the cross, so Volland got an easy header in.

Good for him, haven't watched them at all this season but can't help but hope for success for Embolo, Volland, & Camara.

Last edited:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The Paramount+ feed is brutal but it caught the gorgeous Tierney finish. Let's get a couple more and get the youngsters on.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The Paramount+ feed is brutal but it caught the gorgeous Tierney finish. Let's get a couple more and get the youngsters on.
Looking at the bench, not a ton of youngsters. I guess it would be Marquinhos and Smith. Arteta why. Have Edwards or Cirjan or someone available too.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This has been a fun match. Other-Union play some nice football and have been threatening, while we've come close to the 2-0 but couldn't quite play things out right.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Apparently if Rennes scores twice more and Fenerbahce stays the same, then the tiebreaker used will be disciplinary points.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Last week for the second round of matches, every live match I clicked on just took me to CBS news. Literally every match did that except the stupid Golazo show which was just stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad