GWT: Europa/Conference League - Knockouts

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Apparently Bodo has been just battering Ajax and an insane goalkeeping performance is keeping things level.

Yeah that, crossbar also twice I think and just now the Bodo striker dribbles past the Ajax goalie and then puts it wide left of the empty net :D:thumbu: its crazy Ajax are still in this

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Feyenoord ahead at Roma, Santi Gimenez scores with his shoulder/arm. I'm suprised to be honest it was given, but I dislike Roma so whatever.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Feyenoord nearly get a second, their defensive midfielder is fast af, he blazed by Roma's defenders, but he couldn't beat Svilar.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Benfica suffered at Toulouse, with their goalie Trubin making a game winning save in the 92nd minute.

Ajax and Bodo are playing extra time.
Tbh, Toulouse shouldn't have lost at Benfica with fair reffing, but bigger teams usually get favorable calls, especially at home.

Good job Freiburg to push from 0-2 down to 3-2 in OT. Too much of lack of experience here for Lens who should have closed at the game.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Roma equalize after a great, typical long distance shot by Pellegrini. El Shaarawy's play on the goal was a thing of beauty too.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Wasn’t impressed with Betis at all, especially considering this was one of the weakest Dinamo teams in many years. Dinamo deserved to progress

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Ajax take the lead in the 115th minute, looked like a cross but it went it, bad goalkeeping imo

Bodo had some good chances even near the very end, especially when Ajax keeper Ramaj deflected a shot into bar.

Taylor's winning goal was a nice shot.

I glimpsed the match without sound, why wasn't Sosa's handball during regular time near the goalline given as a PK? It clearly hit his hand and prevented the ball from going in. I didn't notice any deflection from another part of his body either.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
This Roma Feyenoord game started off nicely but ever since Roma equalised it's been unwatchable. Not sure how many minutes of actual play, and when the ball is in play it's usually at the feet of defenders or goalkeepers.

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
Bodo had some good chances even near the very end, especially when Ajax keeper Ramaj deflected a shot into bar.

Taylor's winning goal was a nice shot.

I glimpsed the match without sound, why wasn't Sosa's handball during regular time near the goalline given as a PK? It clearly hit his hand and prevented the ball from going in. I didn't notice any deflection from another part of his body either.
Bodø lacks a striker after Pellegrino left for MLS. A "fox in the box" and Bodø would have won this. I'd excpected a top dutch team like Ajax to perform better than this though. Bodø is also off-season as the norwegian league has a winter break, the touch isn't their yet.

Molde 3-0 up now against Legia away, so at least one norwegian team will advance.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Great job by Union. Controlled the game and took their chances, and deservingly go through.

All games finished in the UCL tonight, Dinamo Zagreb were the only team to advance after playing the first leg away from home.

R16 seeded teams: Lille, Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Viktoria Plzen, Club Brugge, Aston Villa, Fiorentina, PAOK, Fenerbahçe
R16 unseeded teams: Sturm Graz, Servette Geneva, Union SG, Dinamo Zagreb, Ajax, Molde, Maccabi Haifa, Olympiakos

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Roma is officially Feyenoord's nemesis, eliminating them from Europe three years in a row now. Maybe next time dunno, don't park the bus??

de Rossi prefers Svilar to Rui Patricio and so far it pays off

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Great job by Union. Controlled the game and took their chances, and deservingly go through.

All games finished in the UCL tonight, Dinamo Zagreb were the only team to advance after playing the first leg away from home.

R16 seeded teams: Lille, Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Viktoria Plzen, Club Brugge, Aston Villa, Fiorentina, PAOK, Fenerbahçe
R16 unseeded teams: Sturm Graz, Servette Geneva, Union SG, Dinamo Zagreb, Ajax, Molde, Maccabi Haifa, Olympiakos

Two clubs from Belgium, Greece and Israel, as teams from the same country can't face each other, the available pairings could be limited after the first few match-ups.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Roma is officially Feyenoord's nemesis, eliminating them from Europe three years in a row now. Maybe next time dunno, don't park the bus??

de Rossi prefers Svilar to Rui Patricio and so far it pays off

Hopefully it's finally a breakthrough for Svilar, he got very limited number of matches with Benfica. And hadn't gotten many with Roma either until manager chance.

Maybe he can make the Serbian finals squad too.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
In the Europa League, three teams from both England and Italy, so the draw might become predetermined too.

I hope Milan avoid Liverpool from the seeded teams, maybe Leverkusen also. Everyone else should be okay.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Hope West Ham get a big name. They’re out no matter who they play, so at least get a fun away day out of it.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Hope West Ham get a big name. They’re out no matter who they play, so at least get a fun away day out of it.

You would think they could handle Sparta. Would be a cool match-up too as Coufal and Souček used to play for rivals Slavia and West Ham itself is decently popular here.

(Also they share an owner lol)

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
View attachment 823776
Absolutely lovely atmosphere, looks like a Belgrade derby haha
If that had happened at a Lens home game would those have been called Lens flares?

iLy3Df.gif

• Haha
Reactions: luiginb

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
You would think they could handle Sparta. Would be a cool match-up too as Coufal and Souček used to play for rivals Slavia and West Ham itself is decently popular here.

(Also they share an owner lol)
Boring they end up getting Freiburg having already played them in the groups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad