GWT: Europa Conference League Final | June 7, 2023 | Prague | West Ham-Fiorentina

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Today by the way! Already seen a good number of claret jerseys around, plus I heard the announcer in the metro say "come on you irons" which seemed rather partisan. Although I have yet to see a purple shirt so maybe they figure only one team actually cares?

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Today by the way! Already seen a good number of claret jerseys around, plus I heard the announcer in the metro say "come on you irons" which seemed rather partisan. Although I have yet to see a purple shirt so maybe they figure only one team actually cares?
Plus we got the Slavia boys, Soucek and Coufal. So I’d imagine neutral Czechs would be leaning our way.

It would be amazing to pull off this trophy for West Ham in general, but sending off Rice on a high would be such a great moment.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Plus we got the Slavia boys, Soucek and Coufal. So I’d imagine neutral Czechs would be leaning our way.

It would be amazing to pull off this trophy for West Ham in general, but sending off Rice on a high would be such a great moment.

I mean the Czechs are quite clearly all on your side. There was also keeper Luděk Mikloško, who played over 300 games for West Ham and then was the goalkeeping coach for a long time. All the skinheads (good and bad) love West Ham. It's got quite a lot of backers and well-wishers overall. Then there's the 20k fans that flew in from England. Fiorentina, well...

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I mean the Czechs are quite clearly all on your side. There was also keeper Luděk Mikloško, who played over 300 games for West Ham and then was the goalkeeping coach for a long time. All the skinheads (good and bad) love West Ham. It's got quite a lot of backers and well-wishers overall. Then there's the 20k fans that flew in from England. Fiorentina, well...
Not to mention West Ham and Czech mad man Tomas Repka too :)

Though he also played for Fiorentina.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
COYI. Naturally, the game's happening while I'm at work and can't watch, but I am super stressed about this. We need this trophy; losing European football and the best player I've ever seen on the team the same year would be a nightmare.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I don't know about you guys but my interest for this final is such that I'm going to watch it in parallel with the Levante-Albacete semifinal to access La Liga next year.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
COYI. Naturally, the game's happening while I'm at work and can't watch, but I am super stressed about this. We need this trophy; losing European football and the best player I've ever seen on the team the same year would be a nightmare.

What are your thoughts on the fact that winning means Moyes remains

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
West Ham fans doing everything they can to ensure they never play in front of a crowd in Europe again.

Every single one of them should get a lifetime ban from every single event and multiple of them should go to jail.

Reactions: sabremike

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It would be eminently fair to say that we don't travel well.

ETA: Security, kindly find whoever did that and throw them out of the stadium, the country, and possibly the human race as well.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
West Ham fans doing everything they can to ensure they never play in front of a crowd in Europe again.

Every single one of them should get a lifetime ban from every single event and multiple of them should go to jail.
Given what we’ve seen that *doesn’t* result in a stadium ban, doubt that does it.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021

They would never get the chance to do this in the Prem. The security throughout Europe are a joke.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
You can't have nice things with the English around.
Amnesia to Roma last week and Fiorentina supporters literally two hours ago, I guess.

Anyway, West Ham lucky at the end there, but really for having all the ball Fiorentina didn’t really threaten the goal until just then. West Ham need to figure out how to hold the ball and make four consecutive passes. That would be nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad