GWT: Europa Conference League - 2022/23 Group Stages

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Matchweek 1 kicks off tomorrow. I will update this post weekly. Matches are sorted by time and then group in alphabetical order.

Matchweek 1 (Sept. 8, 2022)
HomeAwayTime (CDT)Venue
FiorentinaRFS11:45 AMStadio Artemio Franchi
Heart of MidlothianIstanbul Besaksehir11:45 AMTynecastle Stadium
AnderlechtSilkeborg11:45 AMLotto Park
VillarrealLech Poznan11:45 AMEstadio Ciudad de Valencia
Austria WienHapoel Beer-Sheva11:45 AMGenerali Arena
OGC Nice1. FC Koln11:45 AMAllianz Riviera
SlovackoPartizan11:45 AMMestsky Fotbalovy Stadion Miroslava Valenty
BallkaniCFR Cluj11:45 AMPristina City Stadium
West Ham UnitedFCSB2:00 PMLondon Stadium
Dnipro-1AZ Alkmaar2:00 PMKosicka Futbalova Arena
FC VaduzApollon2:00 PMRheinpark Stadion
MoldeGent2:00 PMAker Stadion
Shamrock RoversDjurgarden2:00 PMTallaght Stadium
SivassporSlavia Praha2:00 PMYeni Sivas 4 Eylul Stadi
FC BaselPyunik2:00 PMSt. Jakob-Park
Slovan BratislavaZalgiris2:00 PMTehelne Pole
Matchweek 2 (Sept. 15, 2022)
HomeAwayTime (CDT)Venue
AZ AlkmaarFC Vaduz11:45 AMAFAS Stadion
ApollonDnipro-111:45 AMGSP Stadium
DjurgardenMolde11:45 AMTele2 Arena
KAA GentShamrock Rovers11:45 AMGhelamco Arena
CFR ClujSivasspor11:45 AMStadionul Dr. Constantin Radulescu
Slavia PrahaBallkani11:45 AMEden Arena
PyunikSlovan Bratislava11:45 AMVazgen Sargsyan Republican Stadium
ZalgirisFC Basel11:45 AMLFF Stadium
Istanbul BasaksehirFiorentina2:00 PMBasaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium
RFSHeart of Midlothian2:00 PMSkonto Stadium
SilkeborgWest Ham2:00 PMJYSK Park
FCSBAnderlecht2:00 PMNational Arena
Hapoel Beer-ShevaVillarreal2:00 PMTurner Stadium
Lech PoznanAustria Wien2:00 PMStadion Miejski Poznan
1. FC KolnSlovacko2:00 PMRheinEnergieStadion
Partizan BelgradeNice2:00 PMPartizan Stadium
Matchweek 3 (Oct. 6, 2022)
HomeAwayTime (CDT)Venue
RSC AnderlechtWest Ham United11:45 AMLotto Park
SilkeborgFCSB11:45 AMJYSK Park
Lech PoznanHapoel Beer-Sheva11:45 AMStadion Miejski Poznan
SlovackoNice11:45 AMMestsky fotbalovy stadion Miroslava Valenty
Dnipro-1FC Vaduz11:45 AMKosicka futbalova arena
MoldeShamrock Rovers11:45 AMAker Stadion
SivassporBallkani11:45 AMYeni Sivas 4 Eylul Stadi
PyunikZalgiris11:45 AMVazgen Sargsyan anvan Hanrapetakan Marzadasht
Heart of MidlothianFiorentina2:00 PMTynecastle Stadium
RFSIstanbul Basaksehir2:00 PMSkonto Stadium
VillarrealAustria Wien2:00 PMEstadio Ciudad de Valencia
1. FC KolnPartizan Belgrade2:00 PMRheinEnergieStadion
AZ AlkmaarApollon Limassol2:00 PMAFAS Stadion
KAA GentDjurgarden2:00 PMGhelamco Arena
Slavia PrahaCFR Cluj2:00 PMSinobo Stadium
FC BaselSlovan Bratislava2:00 PMSt. Jakob-Park
Matchweek 4 (Oct. 13, 2022)
HomeAwayTime (CDT)Venue
Istanbul BasaksehirRFS11:45 AMBasaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium
FiorentinaHeart of Midlothian11:45 AMStadio Artemio Franchi
Austria WienVillarreal11:45 AMGenerali Arena
Partizan Belgrade1. FC Koln11:45 AMPartizan Stadium
Apollon LimassolAZ Alkmaar11:45 AMGSP Stadium
DjurgardenKAA Gent11:45 AMTele2 Arena
CFR ClujSlavia Praha11:45 AMStadionul Dr. Constantin Radulescu
Slovan BratislavaFC Basel11:45 AMTehelne Pole
FCSBSilkeborg2:00 PMNational Arena
West Ham UnitedRSC Anderlecht2:00 PMLondon Stadium
Hapoel Beer-ShevaLech Poznan2:00 PMTurner Stadium
NiceSlovacko2:00 PMAllianz Riviera
FC VaduzDnipro-12:00 PMRheinpark Stadion
Shamrock RoversMolde2:00 PMTallaght Stadium
BallkaniSivasspor2:00 PMPristina City Stadium
ZalgirisPyunik2:00 PMLFF Stadium
Matchweek 5 (Oct. 27, 2022)
HomeAwayTime (CDT)Venue
FiorentinaIstanbul Besaksehir11:45 AMStadio Artemio Franchi
AnderlechtFCSB11:45 AMLotto Park
VillarrealHapoel Beer-Sheva11:45 AMEstadio Ciudad de Valencia
Austria WienLech Poznan11:45 AMGenerali Arena
OGC NicePartizan Belgrade11:45 AMAllianz Riviera
Slovácko1. FC Köln11:45 AMMestsky fotbalovy stadion Miroslava Valenty
FC VaduzAZ Alkmaar11:45 AMRheinpark Stadion
Heart of MidlothianRFS2:00 PMTynecastle Stadium
West Ham UnitedSilkeborg2:00 PMLondon Stadium
Dnipro-1Apollon Limassol2:00 PMKosicka futbalova arena
MoldeDjurgården2:00 PMAker Stadion
Shamrock RoversKAA Gent2:00 PMTallaght Stadium
SivassporCFR Cluj2:00 PMYeni Sivas 4 Eylul Stadi
BallkaniSlavia Praha2:00 PMPristina City Stadium
FC BaselZalgiris2:00 PMSt. Jakob-Park
Slovan BratislavaPyunik2:00 PMTehelne Pole
Matchweek 6 (Nov. 3, 2022)
HomeAwayTime (CDT)Venue
RFSFiorentina10:30 AMSkonto Stadium
Istanbul BasaksehirHeart of Midlothian10:30 AMBasaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium
AZ AlkmaarDnipro-112:45 PMAFAS Stadion
Apollon LimassolFC Vaduz12:45 PMGSP Stadium
DjurgårdenShamrock Rovers12:45 PMTele2 Arena
KAA GentMolde12:45 PMGhelamco Arena
CFR ClujBallkani12:45 PMStadionul Dr. Constantin Radulescu
Slavia PrahaSivasspor12:45 PMSinobo Stadium
ZalgirisSlovan Bratislava12:45 PMLFF Stadium
PyunikFC Basel12:45 PMVazgen Sargsyan anvan Hanrapetakan Marzadasht
FCSBWest Ham United3:00 PMNational Arena
SilkeborgAnderlecht3:00 PMJYSK Park
Lech PoznanVillarreal3:00 PMStadion Miejski Poznan
Hapoel Beer-ShevaAustria Wien3:00 PMTurner Stadium
1. FC KolnOGC Nice3:00 PMRheinEnergieStadion
Partizan BelgradeSlovacko3:00 PMPartizan Stadium

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
They should have cancelled this West Ham game. Fans aren't into it, away fans are, and players look bad. I know they haven't been good all year but not this bad, Rice can't even make a 5 yard pass.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
They should have cancelled this West Ham game. Fans aren't into it, away fans are, and players look bad. I know they haven't been good all year but not this bad, Rice can't even make a 5 yard pass.
They didn’t look that bad before the goal, but yeah, the stadium atmosphere is very odd.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
They didn’t look that bad before the goal, but yeah, the stadium atmosphere is very odd.

Scamacca looks worse than Haller. Cornet has been the best player on either side but he can't do it all, nobody else seems to know where the net is.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Scamacca looks worse than Haller. Cornet has been the best player on either side but he can't do it all, nobody else seems to know where the net is.
Scamacca has had chances he muffed for sure, but it’s early, and I sense way more promise with him than I ever did with Haller.

Moyes experimented with a 4-3-3 here, but he’s carrying a few passengers. Lanzini and Ogbonna are done with top level football. Knee injuries killed then both.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Scamacca has had chances he muffed for sure, but it’s early, and I sense way more promise with him than I ever did with Haller.

Moyes experimented with a 4-3-3 here, but he’s carrying a few passengers. Lanzini and Ogbonna are done with top level football. Knee injuries killed then both.
I think the setup has been fine, they've controlled most of the game. The final 3rd has been brutal just like it has all season.

Ogbonna and Lanzini should be fine for this type of competition with the quality they'll face. They spent a ton this summer so the depth should be far better.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I think the setup has been fine, they've controlled most of the game. The final 3rd has been brutal just like it has all season.

Ogbonna and Lanzini should be fine for this type of competition with the quality they'll face. They spent a ton this summer so the depth should be far better.
Obviously I agree with you, doesn’t matter who they put out they should be able to handle a Romanian team. But they’re shuffling stuff around, Moyes clearly has no idea what his best configuration/XI is yet.
Offsides on Antonio? No VAR yet?
Off the FCSB player.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Obviously I agree with you, doesn’t matter who they put out they should be able to handle a Romanian team. But they’re shuffling stuff around, Moyes clearly has no idea what his best configuration/XI is yet.

Off the FCSB player.

Defensively they need to get healthy and fit but if he sticks with the 4-3-3 the the other 6 should be obvious.
Cornet - Antonio - Bowen
Paqueta
Rice - Soucek

Saw the replay of the mis hit by the defender.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Defensively they need to get healthy and fit but if he sticks with the 4-3-3 the the other 6 should be obvious.
Cornet - Antonio - Bowen
Paqueta
Rice - Soucek

Saw the replay of the mis hit by the defender.
I wouldn’t want to sit Fornals. I’d sooner bench Soucek and have Rice anchor in front of the defense.

Benrahma - Antonio - Bowen
Fornals - Paqueta
Rice

Moyes is way too focused on defense to do it, though.

Seeing Paqueta today, he's going to take some time to acclimate. Reminds me of when Tevez got to West Ham, he didn't do much of anything for the first month or two before single-handedly keeping that team up.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
And Ogbonna made a couple more bookable offences after getting the yellow. I couldn't believe how bad Ogbonna was, I remembered him as a good player, but he's probably done after all the injuries. Lanzini and especially Benrahma was a special shade of awful too, Moyes' changes and the ref's goodwill won them the game in the end.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
And Ogbonna made a couple more bookable offences after getting the yellow. I couldn't believe how bad Ogbonna was, I remembered him as a good player, but he's probably done after all the injuries. Lanzini and especially Benrahma was a special shade of awful too, Moyes' changes and the ref's goodwill won them the game in the end.
There was only that I remember - on the touch line almost immediately after he was booked. It takes time for any player to get to 100% after an ACL, but at Ogbonna’s age I just don’t see it. Lanzini’s case is sad. Makes the Argentina NT and gets a knee injury he never recovers from in training.

They definitely didn’t threaten the goal all match until the penalty, but they were a different team with Antonio, Paqueta, and Bowen.

Moyes has no idea how to coach with a view to the final third, only counters. Part of me is wondering if he got a bunch of the toys he wanted this summer, but has no idea how to play with them.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Why was I under the impression UEFA didn’t allow turf pitches? Hoping they get out of Silkeborg unscathed.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Whoever doesn't believe VAR is the best thing that ever happened to football (after Messi, of course), watch some conference league ... the ref at FCSB/Steaua vs Anderlecht missed 2 obvious penalties, one for both sides. Really unimpressed with Anderlecht, from midfield up they looked like amateurs and only got a 0-0 draw playing against a Steaua team that rested its 4 best players (as they're doing badly in the national league). I can't believe someone paid 40 million for Fabio Silva, he's been dreadful every time I've seen him.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Whoever doesn't believe VAR is the best thing that ever happened to football (after Messi, of course), watch some conference league ... the ref at FCSB/Steaua vs Anderlecht missed 2 obvious penalties, one for both sides. Really unimpressed with Anderlecht, from midfield up they looked like amateurs and only got a 0-0 draw playing against a Steaua team that rested its 4 best players (as they're doing badly in the national league). I can't believe someone paid 40 million for Fabio Silva, he's been dreadful every time I've seen him.

f*** VAR! I want to be able to celebrate a goal when it happens. VAR takes away the raw emotions

I pretty much watch every Liverpool (VAR) and Djurgården (no VAR) game. I much prefer no VAR (atleast as it is now)

Reactions: gary69

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma

Tnx Luigi, good to know, lost 500 euro because FCSB didn't score. :)

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Check out the penalty the ref didn't give for FCSB, the Anderlecht goalie grabbed the opposing player *by his head* and pushed him down, it's a riot.

f*** VAR! I want to be able to celebrate a goal when it happens. VAR takes away the raw emotions

I pretty much watch every Liverpool (VAR) and Djurgården (no VAR) game. I much prefer no VAR (atleast as it is now)
A goal should only stand if it was scored fairly.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there

VAR is made for TV audiencies, it's terrible for spectators at stadium.

VAR shouldn't be used to check offsides at all, that would help a lot right now. If the VAR would only be applied to clear and obvious ref mistakes, it probably wouldn't kill the atmosphere as badly as it does now.

Reactions: Rob and Prntscrn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad