Euro Supremacy: Ovechkin vs Jagr

Ovechkin or Jagr

• Total voters

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
This is an understatement. While an amazing regular season performer Jagr was often off his game in the postseason.

This hurts his legacy somewhat. Those two cups were won on the back of Lemieux. After Lemieux he did nothing in the playoffs. In 2001 he was memorably awful.
Pens were thoroughly mediocre after Lemieux retired. Jagr's lack of playoff success is not his fault - in fact he's the only reason they even made the playoffs those seasons.

Reactions: bert

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Pens were thoroughly mediocre after Lemieux retired. Jagr's lack of playoff success is not his fault - in fact he's the only reason they even made the playoffs those seasons.

His uninspired play in some of those playoffs, which I saw with my own eyes, was definitely his fault.

Reactions: DDRhockey

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
His uninspired play in some of those playoffs, which I saw with my own eyes, was definitely his fault.
As the 8 seed they upset the #1 seed Devils in '99. Jagr had one of the most dominant playoff performances i've seen in a series. Which series are you referring to that was uninspired?

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
Best European forwards (peak):

Forsberg
Jagr
Fedorov
Ovechkin
Bure/Malkin

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Ovechkin just has too much hardware for Jagr to overcome. Ovechkin leveled up last night.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Again with this utter BS. One of the main reasons why basically no-one here gives your hot takes any credibility. You are almost completely incapable of being objective.

Care to tell my how these following (there are more but I'll just do these quick one's) seasons were better than OV's 13/14 season:

Richer 87-88 & 89-90
Maruk 80-81
Leach 79-80
Larouche 79-80
Gare 75-76
Redmond 73-74
Vaive 81-82, 82-83 & 83-84
Nieuwendyk 87-88 & 88-89
Secord 82-83
Grant 74-75
Kehoe 80-81
Stoughton 81-82
Bullard 83-84

I got tired so I won't list more. Even though there would be more. You should try to work on your insecurity about Crosby so you wouldn't feel the need to make up ridiculous stuff all the time.

We both know Daver won’t explain. He’ll find another goal post to move instead. It’s easier.

Reactions: Plural

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Jagr single-handedly carried the Rangers at age 33, don't think Ovechkin could carry a team like that no matter what age he was.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
You could argue Jagr might have a slight edge in talent but he just wasted it too much.

In the end sure maybe i could accept them being tied right now but Ovechkin has at least 5 more years left and after that it will clearly be Ovechkin.

Don't let nostalgia blind you.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Ovechkin never won anything without Kuznetsov.

You need good players to win... Crosby never won without Malkin.

But none of those players compare to Mario freaking Lemieux.

Jagr as someone to lead your franchise was proven as someone you could not count on.

Crosby and now Ovechkin have..it is why they are better.

moropanov

Mar 7, 2015
Oh come on Oveckin isnt even human just ugly half orc half human mutant. He (it) is clearly inferior being compared to Jagr.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
You need good players to win... Crosby never won without Malkin.

But none of those players compare to Mario freaking Lemieux.

Jagr as someone to lead your franchise was proven as someone you could not count on.

Crosby and now Ovechkin have..it is why they are better.

To be fair, it took 13 years to get "it". Both Jagr and OV had to wear the "can't win" hat, fair or not.

Jagr's regular season resume => OV's

OV's playoff resume =>Jagr

It is very close between them. I expect OV to pass Jagr clearly with another solid RS or PO performance.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
To be fair, it took 13 years to get "it". Both Jagr and OV had to wear the "can't win" hat, fair or not.

Jagr's regular season resume => OV's

OV's playoff resume =>Jagr

It is very close between them. I expect OV to pass Jagr clearly with another solid RS or PO performance.

So you're really not going to answer me?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad