Euro Footie Trip:

kg458

Capstronaut
Jan 31, 2008
Boston
Yeah I'm leaning towards one of Swansea/Norwich and one of Derby/Wednesday for the other ones. The last time we made this trip we ending up catching a match in Cardiff (the year they last won the Championship), and West Brom a few days later. For whatever reason I thought the former was a much more entertaining experience, and I've always enjoyed seeing Wales, hence the Swansea idea.

Thanks for the suggestions.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yeah I'm also going to Cardiff and will for sure be going to a Cardiff game. Mainly because of Hoilett, got to love Prem Canadians.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Earplugs at the football
wiggo.png

Soccer players themselves wear them at times though they use silicone ones instead of concert earplugs. The crowd at a soccer game is constantly reaching noise levels above 90+ decibels and often over 100. You aren't going to suddenly lose your hearing but even 15 minutes of exposure to loud noise is enough to cause permanent damage (which you don't notice till you're middle-aged). Why take the risk, those tiny hair-like cells in your ear at the ends of nerves don't grow back. There's literally no con to wearing concert earplugs, many of them are small and unnoticeable, they're generally comfortable, and they only dampen the noise so you can still hear everything even at a movie, a soccer game doesn't exactly require hearing quiet dialogue.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
They say St. Pauli is great. I haven't seen them in person.
I was there when the game was on, you could hear them on the street as if you were at the stadium. Reeperbahn is also something else at night, but avoid it like the plague if you're not a fan such stuff.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
St.Pauli the club is great if you like Far Left politics or are a kid who still thinks punk rock politics are valid. The area is a seedy red light district, full of bars, clubs and brothels. If you want a 'wild night' out, it's your destination.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad