Euro: Euro 2024 Qualifying

member 305909

Greece, Ukraine and Finland are the three best third placed teams in the qualifying groups.

Obviously if it were decided that way there still would be playoffs between the third placed teams but that would be a million times better and fairer than the BS they have invented.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Greece, Ukraine and Finland are the three best third placed teams in the qualifying groups.

Obviously if it were decided that way there still would be playoffs between the third placed teams but that would be a million times better and fairer than the BS they have invented.

It's hard to compare because some teams were in group of 5 vs 6. Greece only beat the bottom 2 in their group and they had Gibraltar as one of those teams. Ukraine had a tough group and got points off the top 2 so that one I agree with. Finland and Kazakhstan were in the same group with the same record so not sure how you say one is better than the other?

member 305909

In the groups of six you deduct the points received against the bottom teams.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
To me these seem to be quite relative speeches about the pots, the third seems to me stronger than the second, and the fourth is potentially stronger than the third. It will depend a lot on the draws, I think in the first and second pots they are not very happy. Apart from France, England and Spain of course.

member 305909

If you win your NL B-group you are certain to get a playoff-spot in the qualifications but since you win the group you are promoted to the A-level where you have no chance for playoffs in qualifications.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Today is the semifinal of the playoffs, naturally UEFA decides to have most of the games kickoff at the same time :rolleyes: Though Georgia-Luxembourg is an early kickoff due to time difference

A
Poland vs. Estonia
Wales vs. Finland

B
Bosnia-Herzegovina vs. Ukraine
Israel vs. Iceland

C
Georgia vs. Luxembourg
Greece vs. Kazakhstan

Winners of each game will meet in the finals to determine the last three Euro spots on Tuesday

Reactions: luiginb

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Georgia with a 1:0 lead over Luxembourg at halftime, fully deserved the much better team but Luxembourg didn't defend the corner well which led to the goal. Luxembourg can barely cross the halfway line

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Crazy few minutes for Luxembourg, will be extremely difficult for them now, Georgia simply the better side despite playing without Kvaratshkelia

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Estonia down to 10 in Poland and down a goal, not that they had much of a chance. Cruise control for Greece so far as well

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Wales convert a free kick from just outside the box. Match probably over, though Finland missed a golden chance prior to Wales going down the field and scoring

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
pukki-party.gif

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Pukki keeping the game alive for now, gonna be bleak years ahead for Finland once he retires.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I'm watching Bosnia Ukraine. Seems like I picked the wrong game, feels like a friendly, nearly fell asleep during the first half

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Defender at the far post kept Johnson onside because he fell on his ass. Really Finland don’t deserve anything how sloppy they have been to start both halves

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Alho froze entirely there lol

Håkans is one of the most frustrating players i’ve seen, does some things at relatively high level but other things at almost below sunday league level.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Bosnia 1-0 up against Ukraine! Both Mudryk and Zinchenko have sucked ass, and all the play is going through them. Dovbyk has received zero balls from the offensive players. Tsygankov is a big miss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad