Euro: Euro 2024 Qualifying

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Qualifying starts with matchday 1 on March 23rd. 10 groups of either 5 or 6 teams. Top two teams of each group qualify directly to the final tournament, along with host Germany. The other 3 participants will be decided in a later playoff based on the 22-23 Nations League standings.

Groups (bolded who I believe advances):

Group A: Spain, Scotland, Norway, Georgia, Cyprus

Group B: Netherlands, France, Republic of Ireland, Greece, Gibraltar

Group C: Italy, England, Ukraine, North Macedonia, Malta

Group D: Croatia, Wales, Armenia, Turkey, Latvia

Group E: Poland, Czech Republic, Albania, Faroe Islands, Moldova

Group F: Belgium, Austria, Sweden, Azerbaijan, Estonia

Group G: Hungary, Serbia, Montenegro, Bulgaria, Lithuania

Group H: Denmark, Finland, Slovenia, Kazakhstan, Northern Ireland, San Marino

Group I: Switzerland, Israel, Romania, Kosovo, Belarus, Andorra

Group J: Portugal, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iceland, Luxembourg, Slovakia, Liechtenstein

Who do you think qualifies?

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
We f***ing suck atm but if Janne can get his shit together we should be able to win the group. Belgium are finished.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Wouldn’t remotely shock me to see Italy fumble qualifying

Wouldn’t be shocked either. They have a tough group with England but Ukraine is no slouch either and let’s not forget they already lost at home to North Macedonia 9 months ago.

Will be interesting to see how Deschamps (if he stays on) handles the first couple of matchdays for France with two tough matchups to start vs. Netherlands and at Ireland. Will he play more veterans who are probably exhausted or will he rely on youth. Some injuries will be back (Pogba and possibly Kante) but will he want to start Maignan in goal instead of Lloris? Kolo Muani ahead of Giroud? No doubt it’s Mbappe’s team now but the depth of France is unmatched imo with young players like Kounde, Mbappe, Tchouanemi already key cogs of the team. Maybe @Evilo can chime in.

This might be Israel’s best chance to qualify

Also even they don’t finish top 2 in their group, they are already guaranteed a playoff thanks to their Nations League results.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Austria could easily win that group. With Baumgartner, Laimer, Sabitzer, Seiwald, Schlager, etc. in the midfield; Alaba, Lienhart, Danso, Wöber, etc. in defense; they can be very difficult.

...especially if they manage to steal Wanner; that kid is another Musiala / Wirtz / Havertz...

Last edited:
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
We f***ing suck atm but if Janne can get his shit together we should be able to win the group. Belgium are finished.
Take a look at what players Austria have. We are not beating them. Also while Belgium is not what they once where, they still have stronger squad than us.

Qualifying starts with matchday 1 on March 23rd. 10 groups of either 5 or 6 teams. Top two teams of each group qualify directly to the final tournament, along with host Germany. The other 3 participants will be decided in a later playoff based on the 22-23 Nations League standings.

Groups (bolded who I believe advances):

Group A: Spain, Scotland, Norway, Georgia, Cyprus

Group B: Netherlands, France, Republic of Ireland, Greece, Gibraltar

Group C: Italy, England, Ukraine, North Macedonia, Malta

Group D: Croatia, Wales, Armenia, Turkey, Latvia

Group E: Poland, Czech Republic, Albania, Faroe Islands, Moldova

Group F: Belgium, Austria, Sweden, Azerbaijan, Estonia

Group G: Hungary, Serbia, Montenegro, Bulgaria, Lithuania

Group H: Denmark, Finland, Slovenia, Kazakhstan, Northern Ireland, San Marino

Group I: Switzerland, Israel, Romania, Kosovo, Belarus, Andorra

Group J: Portugal, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iceland, Luxembourg, Slovakia, Liechtenstein

Who do you think qualifies?
Romania over Israel and Kosovo? Are you trying to please Luginib? :huh::huh:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Austria could easily win that group. With Baumgartner, Laimer, Sabitzer, Seiwald, Schlager, etc. in the midfield; Alaba, Lienhart, Danso, Wöber, etc. in defense; they can be very difficult.

...especially if they manage to steal Wanner; that kid is another Musiala / Wirtz / Havertz...
Yep and Arnautović/Kalajdzic upfront.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Ianis Hagi also should be back this month after almost a year out through knee injury. Before injury he was one of their more skilful players, but who knows what kind of impact the injury had on him and how long before he is back in full match shape. He just signed a new contract with Rangers, so they seem to be convinced he can fully recover.

From the maches I saw in the last qualification campaign, Romania certainly has a chance to qualify from that group.

Kosovo is a threat if all their best are available and in form, but I think their squad depth is thinner than Romania's. And I think Israel is on the decline, and will have to rely on that Nations league route.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Fortunately Hagi's an attacking midfielder, the only position (maybe goalkeeper too) where we're absolutely fine with a number of options.

His biggest problem even before the injury was that he was very slow, so I don't know how much this injury will affect him, but one year out of football does nobody good.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Fortunately Hagi's an attacking midfielder, the only position (maybe goalkeeper too) where we're absolutely fine with a number of options.

His biggest problem even before the injury was that he was very slow, so I don't know how much this injury will affect him, but one year out of football does nobody good.
Moldovan, Father Hagi, Mutu, Chivu, Munteanu, Rat, Petrescu, Popescu etc. Romania had many good players back in the days

Ianis Hagi also should be back this month after almost a year out through knee injury. Before injury he was one of their more skilful players, but who knows what kind of impact the injury had on him and how long before he is back in full match shape. He just signed a new contract with Rangers, so they seem to be convinced he can fully recover.

From the maches I saw in the last qualification campaign, Romania certainly has a chance to qualify from that group.

Kosovo is a threat if all their best are available and in form, but I think their squad depth is thinner than Romania's. And I think Israel is on the decline, and will have to rely on that Nations league route.
Most of Romanias players are playing in Serie B and romanian league.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

I don’t think they’re on the decline, just a new and relatively unproven group. Zahavi is still kicking, just don’t know how much he’ll contribute.

Solomon, Abada, Weissman, with Gloukh very likely to step up is a solid group up front. Lavi and some combo of Konichowsky/Glazer/Peretz in midfield is “okay”. I like the fullbacks with Dasa and Leidner, but CB and GK are horror shows. They can’t defend well, but they play some good stuff. Should be less of an issue in that group. The expectation is to progress, but they’re experts at playing down to minnows.

member 305909

Hopefully there will be a happier Denmark vs Finland match in Copenhagen than the one nearly two years ago.

Reactions: Jack Straw

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Hopefully there will be a happier Denmark vs Finland match in Copenhagen than the one nearly two years ago.
Hopefully. Approximately 2000 Finns in Copenhagen, we really need that support if we want to have even a draw. Wouldn't be disappointed for loss and then win against Northern Ireland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad