Management Eugene Melnyk - Lawsuits, rants and more... Part 5.5 (YOUS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I’d imagine the league would set price points at different levels for different teams. Given the relatively recent success of the penguins nothing under 750 seems fair. I doubt the league would set that bar for the Sens.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Did you read the story? I can't believe people can sue for that
Verbally abusing staff and threatening staff are the accusations.

If it were an employee they would just be canned, but its a lot different for the owner with no recourse to face, so you just throw out a lawsuit as the only possibility and likely settle for some cash in the end.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Staples centre naming rights sold for the cost of a nhl franchise...

People are not too happy about it, Crypto.com arena is a sad name. People want it remain Staples Center but am sure the owner and $750 million Dollars will win out. Dam EM would sell the franchise for that price never mind putting the name on it.

Anyhow, they will now call Staples Center "The Crypt"

Emerica

May 29, 2010
People are not too happy about it, Crypto.com arena is a sad name. People want it remain Staples Center but am sure the owner and $750 million Dollars will win out. Dam EM would sell the franchise for that price never mind putting the name on it.

Anyhow, they will now call Staples Center "The Crypt"
Heard they are going to start selling blue bandanas in the team shop

Reactions: Ralph Malfredsson

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Verbally abusing staff and threatening staff are the accusations.

If it were an employee they would just be canned, but its a lot different for the owner with no recourse to face, so you just throw out a lawsuit as the only possibility and likely settle for some cash in the end.

you are not selling tickets if we don't bring in money people will lose thier jobs---is not threatening staff. It is stating the obvious and trying to explain to this person the lower employees are depending on him to generate cash so the business can run.
It's a fake asss money grab
If I hire you to sell cars and you sell zero cars and I say "Hey man I can't keep paying you if you don't sell any cars" is that a threat that needs a court case so I pay you millions?

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
you are not selling tickets if we don't bring in money people will lose thier jobs---is not threatening staff. It is stating the obvious and trying to explain to this person the lower employees are depending on him to generate cash so the business can run.
It's a fake asss money grab
Oh my mistake, I was unaware that you were in the room each time and were privy to the emails and comments that are alleged to have been made.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Oh my mistake, I was unaware that you were in the room each time and were privy to the emails and comments that are alleged to have been made.

I read the story and the compaints were quoted.
And if thats your game were you in the room? Noooo so why don't you take your own advice and admit you have no argument to make

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I read the story and the compaints were quoted.
And if thats your game were you in the room? Noooo so why don't you take your own advice and admit you have no argument to make
As did I and even linked the article and posted quotes from it earlier in a different thread. I never claimed to have insight beyond the article or put my own spin on it like you did above.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Is it? Who is going to pay 750 million for the Ottawa Senators?
No amount was ever mentioned. Friedman said and I paraphrase; The Senators received an offer but the amount was too low for the league and they said no to the sale. Nothing about relocating etc.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Friedman says he heard a rumour that he hasnt confirmed of nothing under $750 mil. That seems pretty obviously a plant by someone to have that tidbit circulating as common knowledge. It may or may not be true as Friedman admits although i doubt many will read it that way. But lets say its true. Wow, these franchise values sure seem to be appreciating fast. Wish my investments were doing so well. I guess this kind of asset appreciation is only revenue related to hockey and not hockey related revenue so it wont lead to more spending in a situation where spending is allegedly (and if true rather foolishly) tied to revenues?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Friedman says he heard a rumour that he hasnt confirmed of nothing under $750 mil. That seems pretty obviously a plant by someone to have that tidbit circulating as common knowledge. It may or may not be true as Friedman admits although i doubt many will read it that way. But lets say its true. Wow, these franchise values sure seem to be appreciating fast. Wish my investments were doing so well. I guess this kind of asset appreciation is only revenue related to hockey and not hockey related revenue so it wont lead to more spending in a situation where spending is allegedly (and if true rather foolishly) tied to revenues?

doesn’t seem to make sense because Carolina was sold for $500 million
Dundon becomes majority owner of Hurricanes

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Someone with an eye to move it.

Ottawa will only move if the city won’t build them a new stadium - and the city has shown its willingness to offer prime real estate in a major development the NHL would want in on. Now it’s up to Poo-jeans to get some money together and make it happen - if he can’t he’ll be replaced by someone who can

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Ottawa will only move if the city won’t build them a new stadium - and the city has shown its willingness to offer prime real estate in a major development the NHL would want in on. Now it’s up to Poo-jeans to get some money together and make it happen - if he can’t he’ll be replaced by someone who can

Lol nobody is going to spend 1 billion on the sens. Any city without a downtown arena would sell land to someone and let them build an arena..It’s not a carrot to dangle or a good deal.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Lol nobody is going to spend 1 billion on the sens. Any city without a downtown arena would sell land to someone and let them build an arena..It’s not a carrot to dangle or a good deal.

well there was a bid to build the stadium and essentially own the team, and that cost many thousand of dollars to put a bid together - those were serious people so there are people out there willing to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad