Recalled/Assigned: Ethan Del Mastro

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Hardly noticed Edmonton out there, but with this Hawks defense, that's not a bad thing.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Del Mastro has the mental makeup to wear an A one day. He also has that size and skill to be a very good stay at home DMen that every team needs to win. I still want the Hawks to draft a top skilled DMen to go along KK, Kaiser, Jones, Vlasic, Del Mastro, etc. … but I firmly believe Del Mastro can be a legitimate top 4 DMen on a Cup contender. He’s a winner.

However, before we draft another high end DMen … let’s draft another blue chip forward … namely Celebrini. If Del Mastro shows his potential in his short showcase, it’ll be much easier to go forward / offense in this year’s draft. We really need some blue chip forwards to help take the offensive burden off of Bedard.

Last edited:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Del Mastro and Kaiser are really encouraging. Here’s a bit of a pickle, I think both are better than Korchinski but Korchinski has been blocked from AHL. He won’t be next year. So if Kaiser and Del Mastro look better than Korchinski in training camp what do you
do? If you start Korchinski in the AHL is that too discouraging for a guy who played an entire season in the NHL already? Do you just start Del Mastro back in the AHL since he’s only in year 2 and spent all season there? Do you keep all three up (you know Vlasic has one left D spot locked up)?

Reactions: ello

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Del Mastro and Kaiser are really encouraging. Here’s a bit of a pickle, I think both are better than Korchinski but Korchinski has been blocked from AHL. He won’t be next year. So if Kaiser and Del Mastro look better than Korchinski in training camp what do you
do? If you start Korchinski in the AHL is that too discouraging for a guy who played an entire season in the NHL already? Do you just start Del Mastro back in the AHL since he’s only in year 2 and spent all season there? Do you keep all three up (you know Vlasic has one left D spot locked up)?
I also like all 3 more than Korchinski (right now) but that’s a pretty good problem to have.
One needs to move to his off side or 1 gets dealt.
Under no circumstances do I move Vlasic or EDM. They both have top pair #1, 2 way potential.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Vlasic
EDM
Kaiser

This is a very strong, steady, mobile and very realistic LD for the next 10+ years. Taking a swing at Levshunov and having him hit as a PP1 QB two way guy is looking more and more appealing to me. Even if he "misses" and becomes a top 4 guy you're still looking at something like down below with one spot left to fill that could even be filled by commitee and KK being a wild card/trade chip

Vlasic-
EDM-Levshunov
Kaiser-Rinzel

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Look, Kaiser has been very good since coming back up, and I gather EDM had a good game last night, but I find it incredible that people are seriously saying they would take them over KK. KK was head and shoulders above Kaiser earlier in the year, when Kaiser deservedly got sent down. And while I really like EDM, there is absolutely no way I would take him over KK. I really think people are sleeping on how impressive KK has been this year given the circumstances. I am significantly more bullish on his upside after seeing him play in the NHL all year.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Top 10 going forward(no particular order)

Seth Jones, signed for 6 more yrs
Connor Murphy, signed for 2 more yrs

Kevin Korchinski, signed for 2 more yrs
Alex Vlasic, RFA
Wyatt Kaiser, signed for 1 more yr

Ethan Del Mastro, signed for 2 more yrs
Isaak Phillips, RFA
Louis Crevier, RFA
Nolan Allan, signed for 2 more yrs

Sam Rinzel, amateur still, next up!

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Look, Kaiser has been very good since coming back up, and I gather EDM had a good game last night, but I find it incredible that people are seriously saying they would take them over KK. KK was head and shoulders above Kaiser earlier in the year, when Kaiser deservedly got sent down. And while I really like EDM, there is absolutely no way I would take him over KK. I really think people are sleeping on how impressive KK has been this year given the circumstances. I am significantly more bullish on his upside after seeing him play in the NHL all year.
The track record on this board is to give up on young DMen way too early. That said KK has had his ups and downs … that’s to be expected at such a young age. IMO, we won’t really know about KK for another 2 years. Kaiser, Vlasic, and Del Mastro … I believe they have the potential to be rock steady DMen but not the upside of KK. We need to be patient with young DMen. We have a tendency to jump the gun, including myself. DMen take far longer to mature than forwards.

Reactions: dj Mahoney

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
You let camp play out and the best three guys play in your lineup. No matter who they are.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Sent back down

coffee.jpg

Reactions: Mrfenn92

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
Agreed and have KK with a shooting instructor ALL summer, adding that to his passing game would do wonders.

Reactions: Pez68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad