Confirmed with Link: Ethan Del Mastro (ELC)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
21EE1365-F532-4C85-8E74-16D7B5DAECB5.jpeg

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
I don't know why but for some reason I thought this kid was on the smaller size (sub 6 foot tall) but then I looked and saw that the kid is 6'4 200+ pounds already. I'm pleased with this signing and hope he excels.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
It's a little early to be writing the kid off, especially given the fact that he's looked solid in the AHL despite his age.

I'm not writing him off. I think he can play in the league as a depth piece/bottom-pairing guy. Athletically he has a lot of tools. I just don't think he's a great hockey player.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Size, shut down D man, trending offensive capabilities.....nice to have him aboard! Now, let's go get the size and speed up the middle and wing and turn the corner!

Reactions: Muffinalt

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I'm not writing him off. I think he can play in the league as a depth piece/bottom-pairing guy. Athletically he has a lot of tools. I just don't think he's a great hockey player.
Saying that all he is is a depth guy is writing him off.

Despite his draft position, he has done exceedingly well in Rockford. He was so young last season that he shouldn't have even been in that league if not for the covid situation.

For AHL defenders under 21 this season, he is 4th in points (12th in PPG) and let me assure you most of those kids aren't 6ft4, nor near as good defensively (the best aspect of IP's game).

That's not to say we should be penciling him into our future top pairing, but we shouldn't be so down on his potential that we should think of him only as a bottom pairing guy.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
About EDM (not the Oilers), happy to see him signed. He's done really well this year and has certainly improved his stock from what it had been at the draft. Him being voted as the clear cut best PKer in the OHL's eastern conference is a good sign.

While I hate that we don't have any clear cut top pairing guys in our prospect group, I am pretty happy with the amount of guys who look like future NHLers.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00