GDT: "Etch-A-Sketch101: Back to the Basics"|Oilers vs. Panthers|11.05.13|5:30PM|SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukgoalie

Aug 25, 2013
I was always told 'if you are stood next to 2 teammates and no puck is nearby then you are def in the wrong place'
this crappy swarm defence just doesn't work at this level.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
'we are going to be aggressive when we have the puck, and we are going to be more aggressive when we dont have the puck'

all i see is us being aggressive in giving up goals

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
lolz arcobello! not even close buddy! poor petry, working hard out there, doesnt belong on this team cus he works too hard

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Yak was doing his I will just float in the zone defense.

Yak was getting in position to cover his man Campbell at the point, who the puck was going to until Goc came in off the bench... which Gagner apparently didn't notice.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I was always told 'if you are stood next to 2 teammates and no puck is nearby then you are def in the wrong place'
this crappy swarm defence just doesn't work at this level.

I would agree. The defense unless executed to absolute perfection will leave guys open with some time and space (even if executed perfectly I think that may be the case). At the NHL level even the worst players can make use of that time and space and/or beat the defenders to get it to the open guy. At least that's what it looks like to me so far.

On that goal not much Dubnyk can do. Oilers allowed Goc to come right down main street and they also nicely created some traffic in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad