Esposito heading to MTL?

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
There is a chance he could fall and if he is available at 12th I believe the habs will draft him. Some of the draft projections have him around where the habs will be picking and i've even heard of some people thinking the habs could get him with their second pick, which i highly doubt because i'm surea team would take a risk on him earlier than that if his stock dropped that much.

Louis Houde

Jan 28, 2006
Trois-rivières
His there a small chance than Angelo Esposito will be still avaible when the habs get their pick? Personally, I hope not, he remembers me too much Ribeiro

His there a small chance than Angelo Esposito will be still avaible when the habs get their pick? I would say 33% chance that Esposito would be available for the habs

Personally, I hope not I understand you

he remembers me too much Ribeiro , Esposito's vision is way below Ribeiro. In fact, Esposito is a very fast and agile skater,what Ribeiro is not.However, Esposito is very soft,selfish,always "clubing" and has "attitude" problem like Ribeiro. You might be surprise how low Esposito wants to play hockey in the nhl.... remparts promised to pay universersity studies to Esposito if he 'fails' to be a dominant player in the nhl, what is almost surely going to happen......

Pangolin

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
His there a small chance than Angelo Esposito will be still avaible when the habs get their pick? I would say 33% chance that Esposito would be available for the habs

he remembers me too much Ribeiro , Esposito's vision is way below Ribeiro. In fact, Esposito is a very fast and agile skater,what Ribeiro is not.However, Esposito is very soft,selfish,always "clubing" and has "attitude" problem like Ribeiro. You might be surprise how low Esposito wants to play hockey in the nhl.... remparts promised to pay universersity studies to Esposito if he 'fails' to be a dominant player in the nhl, what is almost surely going to happen......

I thought CHL teams all have arrangements with Canadian universities and they pay their players' university/college fees. Not just an Esposito thing.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I hope that we'll draft him. We have great depth in the prospect departement so I think that we can afford to take a chance on a guy like Esposito.
Generally agreed. At the same time, I think there are a few other players in a similar boat that I might personally like at least as much, should they be available at #12 (e.g. Hamill, Couture). But if certain others are all gone, I would not bemoan the picking of Esposito. Mostly, I now have a lot of trust and confidence in the Habs' scouting dept. If they like Esposito enough to take him #12, I'll be pretty happy, because I'll really believe that they had pretty good reason to do so. *They* won't be looking at it as "taking a chance".

Generally speaking, I agree with SP's prediction that Esposito's chances of being available for us are on the order of 33%. (My expansive gut tells me this, trust it as you will. ;) ). And if he *is* available to us, I'd guess there are probably roughly 4 guys who should be of comparable interest. So say 25% odds he's the guy we pick. Presto viola... 1-in-12 odds that we pick him. (Brought to you by the dept. of totally meaningless gut-math). :teach:

Pangolin

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
In Esposito case, he can chose any university, not only canadian one and everything is paied

That sounds more like a way for them to woo Esposito into playing for their team.
Lots of CHL teams give extra incentives like this to get the players they want playing for them

Louis Houde

Jan 28, 2006
Trois-rivières
That sounds more like a way for them to woo Esposito into playing for their team.
Lots of CHL teams give extra incentives like this to get the players they want playing for them

Of course it is, but the lhjmq try to stop this. Gilles Courteau said that players using 'leverage' like i'm going to play in the ncaa(Esposito) or i just want to play for rich/good teams (Patrice Cormier) has to stop.

Pangolin

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Of course it is, but the lhjmq try to stop this. Gilles Courteau said that players using 'leverage' like i'm going to play in the ncaa(Esposito) or i just want to play for rich/good teams (Patrice Cormier) has to stop.

Could be, but that doesn't say anything about Esposito's desire to play in the NHL or if he could make it. Not really relevant.

Louis Houde

Jan 28, 2006
Trois-rivières
Could be, but that doesn't say anything about Esposito's desire to play in the NHL or if he could make it. Not really relevant.

Hold on, Esposito dream is to be drafted in the nhl... not to play in the nhl.. that might sound weird,but Esposito doesnt like hockey. He still prefer figure skating (no joke here). He wants to be a doctor. This is not a well kept secret ...

Alouette_19

Jul 21, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Hold on, Esposito dream is to be drafted in the nhl... not to play in the nhl.. that might sound weird,but Esposito doesnt like hockey. He still prefer figure skating (no joke here). He wants to be a doctor. This is not a well kept secret ...

You are saying that like's a bad thing to be a doctor.......Come on!!!
The guy is studying hard and I have no problem with that.......

It's Ok to have question mark because Esposito don't have heart when he plays, but his attitude outside is not like Ribeiro.......

Esposito isn't Ribeiro.....The skating, the outside attitude, the talent....they are so not similar......

Esposito will play in the NHL maybe not on a first line but he clearly can play on a good 2nd line (Center).........

The Habs will not have the chance to take him someone in front of them will take him......maybe one spot after Hamill????

Stajan Fan

Jun 20, 2003
Daysland, Alberta
Visit site

Esposito is so not like Ribeiro at all. And where did you get the notion that Esposito has an "attitude problem"? His attitude is fine, its his desire to compete and play hard that is in question. Big difference. Saying someone has an attitude problem is a stab in the back thing to say about a person/player. Schremp took it personal when he was labelled with a "bad attitude", please dont label Esposito with it.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
I would rather not. I am more interested in others with the twelveth pick. Im hoping he wont even be around, so that there is no option. I am really keen on Hamill with the 12th pick. He is highly skilled, and has good heart.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Esposito is so not like Ribeiro at all. And where did you get the notion that Esposito has an "attitude problem"? His attitude is fine, its his desire to compete and play hard that is in question. Big difference. Saying someone has an attitude problem is a stab in the back thing to say about a person/player. Schremp took it personal when he was labelled with a "bad attitude", please dont label Esposito with it.

If Esposito really wants to play in Montreal, he's going to have to learn to live with having untrue things said about him on a consistent basis.

V-2 Schneider

Mar 8, 2004
Does Espo rag the puck and force others to take it off him or is he a puck chaser? While he seems to have some grit and doesn't mind being chippy, can he take the puck and go through the other team? I was looking for his vaunted offensive skill....where is it?

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
I think he's going to be gone by the time we pick at 12.

Although for some reason, I have a nagging feeling he ends up like Mike Ribeiro.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
His there a small chance than Angelo Esposito will be still avaible when the habs get their pick? Personally, I hope not, he remembers me too much Ribeiro

would you rather draft someone who will bust? or draft someone who will be a point producing nhl regular?

take your pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad