Esposito heading to MTL?

madvie

female habs fan
Jul 14, 2006
Montrealer in TO
I think by the time the Habs pick, he'll be gone. Even if he isn't, I'm not sure how I feel about the Habs draft him. If he doesn't live up to the hype, which has died down lately mind you, he'll get ripped into pieces by the media.

The only reason people are reminded of Ribeiro is because of his Mediterranean name and the fact that he's a local.

Alouette_19

Jul 21, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
In the context of hockey and risking a pick on him, yes, it's a bad thing if he isn't committed to this career path.

Well Ken Dryden was working hard for be lawyer when he was playing hockey.....I don't see the bad thing of do something very respectable like doctor for your after career......

I think by the time the Habs pick, he'll be gone. Even if he isn't, I'm not sure how I feel about the Habs draft him. If he doesn't live up to the hype, which has died down lately mind you, he'll get ripped into pieces by the media.

The only reason people are reminded of Ribeiro is because of his Mediterranean name and the fact that he's a local.

+1

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Im not sure what to think of esposito(best skater in the draft,average hockey sense,need to get stronger,not affraid to hit but dont like to get hit,play too much on the perimiter,not really good on faceoff and in his own zone) and if the habs pick him it will be a love-hate relationship with the fan like it was with theodore,ribeiro and latendresse

sam12

May 26, 2007
I think that it is pretty sad that because someone has aspirations of being a doctor we label it as a bad thing. Randy Gregg had a good NHL career and is now a doctor. Ken Dryden was studying law. Also, does it say that Espo would rather be a doctor than anNHLer, or that he is interested in becoming a doctor? I find it a bit sad that we are punishing a person for being smart. Hopefully more hockey players follow that lead and realize that you can do well in school and not have to sacrifice your hockey career, thus keeping your options open for as long as possible. By the way, I think STL or EDM will draft Espo, as they have less to lose because of their three first rounders.

time

Feb 26, 2005
This is pure speculation, but I wonder how hungry Espo is for an NHL career since he comes from a ton of money. Medical tuition would not be a problem for the son of grocery magnates. I'm not saying that he doesn't care, but unlike most prospects, isn't he already worth millions of dollars?

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I dont think it would be smart to pick Esposito with the 12th pick. And for people who think were loaded, yeah your right. And hell I could regret saying this in 2 years time. But we are not loaded in every position. Forward yes, goalie yes, defense no. We need to take a chance on a defenseman and not a forward. McDonaugh, Shattenkirk and who knows? Maybe even Ellerby will be available at our pick. Hell you could throw Cross in too. The Habs need a defensman, not a forward.

emb24*

habs have other needs including D and another power forward like latenderesse, but if esposito is availbale habs MUST draft him. he lives in montreal, grew up a hab fan, knows the pressures of playing in montreal; his coach was a legendary hab and mtl would suffer a public relations nightmare by not taking him. especially since habs have 2 first round picks and 5 in the top 70.(in other words they can afford to gamble a little bit)

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
If Esposito is still available at 12, I think the Canadiens will have to take him. He is way too good to pass up at 12. Given the state of the Habs' prospects, I think they need to go for a homerun this time, instead of always playing safe at the draft. By all accounts, Espo was a Habs fan growing up. Maybe being drafted by the Canadiens will force him to work hard and acheive what his talent level suggests he should acheive.

Mad is right when he says the Esposito hype has died down. These forums and the hockey world really haven't regarded Esposito as a top 5 pick for maybe the last 10 months. I think that lessens the pressure he would face a little bit and help him focus on what he has to do (albeit, being a first round draft pick has its own pressures). Plus, his character issues are probably overblown. There is a reason why Esposito was named captain of the U18 team over other "character" guys. He also seems pretty intelligent by all accounts.

If the Canadiens had a top 5 pick, of course I would avoid Esposito as the other guys seem like a safer bet. However, at 12, Esposito is definitely worth the risk. I just doubt that he drops that far.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Esposito is so not like Ribeiro at all. And where did you get the notion that Esposito has an "attitude problem"? His attitude is fine, its his desire to compete and play hard that is in question. Big difference. Saying someone has an attitude problem is a stab in the back thing to say about a person/player. Schremp took it personal when he was labelled with a "bad attitude", please dont label Esposito with it.

Schremp can take it personally all he wants, but it's the NHL. No one is there to coddle him...and with some of the information I have, I can promise you that it was true in his regard. I don't know about Esposito, but typically when enough people are saying...where there's smoke there's a fire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->