ESPN Top 100 Footballers 2020

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't understand your rant about BMG? First you say they're no pushovers, then you call them outclassed minnows? They're maybe one tier lower than Inter in terms of quality. Also, Inter won that match - sure it wasn't easy but like I said BMG wasn't just going out without a fight.

In regards to Lukaku, the man said it himself. He feels revitalized at Inter and credits Conte. His production is no comparison to what he was doing in United, especially the later seasonos.

Also, very nice of you not to mention his Serie A success. Inter went from fighting for a Champions league spot, to now being a contender for the league.

@Aladyyn I have no idea what you're watching my friend. It's not Serie A.

You misunderstood my post, the cooler Borussia is a better club than Inter...especially with the ball. That's why just sitting by as they played themselves into a rhythm; rather than trying to put their injury-weakened backline under pressure by controlling the ball & forcing gladbach to play without the ball more; was such an obvious error.

And I can't comment on Inter's Serie A play because I haven't seen (basically) any of it. Sassuolo & Atalanta are the only Serie A clubs I make an effort to watch...as those clubs actually do have excellent coaches...and I haven't caught Inter against either of them.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
You misunderstood my post, the cooler Borussia is a better club than Inter...especially with the ball. That's why just sitting by as they played themselves into a rhythm; rather than trying to put their injury-weakened backline under pressure by controlling the ball & forcing gladbach to play without the ball more; was such an obvious error.

And I can't comment on Inter's Serie A play because I haven't seen (basically) any of it. Sassuolo & Atalanta are the only Serie A clubs I make an effort to watch...as those clubs actually do have excellent coaches...and I haven't caught Inter against either of them.

Well not every game goes according to plan. Also, Inter had a terrible loss against Real a few days prior which pretty much sealed their fate of not advancing (they need BMG to beat Real; but I don't see that happening). The draw against Shakhtar was another huge blow; but like any sport - shit happens.

If you watch Atalanta and Sassuolo closely then you would know how strong Inter is. They handed Sassuolo their first defeat and outclassed them in every way. Atalanta has the second best coach in the Serie A; and even they couldn't manage to beat Inter at home.

Conte is an eccentric manager, but he's definitely a current top manager, simply by his ability to mold players to play at their best.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well not every game goes according to plan. Also, Inter had a terrible loss against Real a few days prior which pretty much sealed their fate of not advancing (they need BMG to beat Real; but I don't see that happening). The draw against Shakhtar was another huge blow; but like any sport - shit happens.

If you watch Atalanta and Sassuolo closely then you would know how strong Inter is. They handed Sassuolo their first defeat and outclassed them in every way. Atalanta has the second best coach in the Serie A; and even they couldn't manage to beat Inter at home.

Conte is an eccentric manager, but he's definitely a current top manager, simply by his ability to mold players to play at their best.

I don't watch them closely, they are just the teams I watch when I do put Serie A on because one is doing things I've wanted to see a coach try for a long time & the other is just fun to watch operate...though if the other Milan club keeps it up I'll need to examine what Pioli is doing to see what there is to learn from him.

Not pressing and playing extremely vertically when Inter did get to see the ball, was the decision that put the game most in the hands of fortune rather than his own team. Instead of sending his team out to increase their chances & attack gladbach's weakness, he invited greater danger and let Gladbach hide the weakness that opened up with Elvedi & Bensebaini's absence.

It's the kind of mistake that I would never expect from Rose and I would disagree vehemently with anyone claiming Rose's top 5 at this stage in his career...if he ever reaches that level. That bar is just really high in a world where people still talk about Nagelsmann as an up-n-comer :dunno:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad