ESPN: Mount "Puckmore" for All 31 Franchises

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I think we all know Kane should be above Toews but none of us should be surprised he isn't

Noldo

May 28, 2007
I can't see how Bergeron could go ahead of Shore or Esposito. I'd go with Orr, Bourque, Shore and Esposito.

I would assume that the case for Bergeron is based primarily on the thought that the current version of the Bruins, including the cup winning team of 2011, is worth recognizing and if this current era is included, there is no better candidate than Bergeron due to his individual accomplishments.

For good or ill Esposito becomes somewhat a victim of the greatness of Orr - and since Orr was so important (and rightly so) there is less room or need to include other player to represent that era.

I think that the case for McDavid shares some of the same sentiment. If we want to recognize that Edmonton has meant something outside their dynasty, all four players cannot be from the dynasty years. Had Tavares not fled the Islanders this summer he would probably have been the fourth (after Trottier, Bossy and Potvin) for the very same reason.

Reactions: Plural

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
For all the great players the Canadiens have had over the decades, I actually thought this exercise was pretty easy for Montreal.

It feels wrong not to have a dman though. Old timers rave about Doug Harvey. I'm not sure who you take out though. 7 Norris trophies during the O6 era.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
It feels wrong not to have a dman though. Old timers rave about Doug Harvey. I'm not sure who you take out though. 7 Norris trophies during the O6 era.

As great as Harvey was, the other four guys were better.

No mistaking that Harvey was great, though. 7 Norrises are nothing to sneeze at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad