ESPN Keeper League

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Ok, so I think I'll start a new league. I'll make the draft tonight at 8:30 central. It will be through espn. If you're interested please pm me your email.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
I will make the leave when I get home from work. I'd have no problem doing a keeper league, I've never played fantasy hockey before, does a keeper league mean you keep literally all of your picks?

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I will make the leave when I get home from work. I'd have no problem doing a keeper league, I've never played fantasy hockey before, does a keeper league mean you keep literally all of your picks?

No you can pick and choose the players you want to keep, and change them at any time. A Keeper league is basically like career mode multiple seasons trying to build a dynasty. You don't have to make a Keeper, I was just asking. I'm in, what time do you think you'll have the league up?

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
I'll be home by about 5:30 central time, hope to have the league up by 6. Draft will be at 8:30 central

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
OK So I'm at home now and setting up the league. I'm assuming Roto ya? Also, if I choose say a 10 team league, but we only get 8 teams, will that screw it all up? Or can we always drop teams after?

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Haha, ok so I clearly have no clue what "usual" settings are. Should we rock 9 forwards or should I break it down to 3C 3LW 3RW. Also, 5 or 6 D? 1 or 2 goalies?

Any help would be appreciated as I've clearly never done this before haha.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
OK So I'm at home now and setting up the league. I'm assuming Roto ya? Also, if I choose say a 10 team league, but we only get 8 teams, will that screw it all up? Or can we always drop teams after?

Don't know, never played a Roto league before, only some version of head 2 head leagues. You'd have to ask someone else how it works in a Roto league.

Also, can you set the draft time for 8:45 or 9 Central time? I have another draft that starts at 8, so 8 or 8:30 might be a problem, for me to show up. At least on time.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Roto is where you play your roster in a season-long attempt to win a category, such as goals or shots. Person with the most categories won I think wins the league. We can def. do a h2h league though. I need more help in terms of roster construction. What are the usual standards, does anyone know?

We can push it back to 9 I think.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I usually have gone with 12 forwards, 6 d-men, 2 goalies, and 3 Utility and made the roster size at least 30. Espn, if I remember correctly, lets you add or subtract teams after you set it up. I also do Rotisserie scoring and add hits into the scoring.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I usually have gone with 12 forwards, 6 d-men, 2 goalies, and 3 Utility and made the roster size at least 30. Espn, if I remember correctly, lets you add or subtract teams after you set it up. I also do Rotisserie scoring and add hits into the scoring.

But also, I usually only play with 4 players so 9F/5D/2G/3U would prob work fine.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
That seems like way too many players lol. I was thinking of going 2C 2LW 2RW 4D and 2G with a 4 man bench. That seems a bit more reasonable in terms of rosters. I can understand going a bit higher, like say 3C 3LW 3RW and 5 D with 2G. I think that would be my absolute max for a roster though.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
That seems like way too many players lol. I was thinking of going 2C 2LW 2RW 4D and 2G with a 4 man bench. That seems a bit more reasonable in terms of rosters. I can understand going a bit higher, like say 3C 3LW 3RW and 5 D with 2G. I think that would be my absolute max for a roster though.

All you man, your league, not mine.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Head to head seems a bit more fun, I think it will keep people coming back a bit more. We can do a points thing where each stat is worth a static point amount, goals are worth 3, assists are worth 2, ppp are worth 1, shots are worth .4, pims are worth .5.

goalies get 4 points per win, -1 per GA, 3 per S/O and .2 per save.

Seem solid?

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Head to head seems a bit more fun, I think it will keep people coming back a bit more. We can do a points thing where each stat is worth a static point amount, goals are worth 3, assists are worth 2, ppp are worth 1, shots are worth .4, pims are worth .5.

goalies get 4 points per win, -1 per GA, 3 per S/O and .2 per save.

Seem solid?

Good stuff man.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
OK! The League is officially created. I sent everyone out an invite that has either responded in this thread over the last 2 days or sent me a PM. 91 Reasons, I still need your email address. I made the League private, but if you need to know the name it's BluesHFBoardsFH

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Also, I did set it at 4 keepers, we can change that going forward though I think.

With 91 reasons, we have 8. Def have more space if people are interested!

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
OK! The League is officially created. I sent everyone out an invite that has either responded in this thread over the last 2 days or sent me a PM. 91 Reasons, I still need your email address. I made the League private, but if you need to know the name it's BluesHFBoardsFH

Joined.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL

Pm'ed it to you.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL

Not seeing it, can you send me the invite?

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Just did.

Anyone else? We will be drafting at 9 PM Central. We currently have 8 teams, I think it would be pretty sweet to have 10-12.

Let me know!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad