ESPN *Did* Report Deal Was Done... Now Softened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reilly311

Doctor Zoidberg said:
No what doesn't? If you read this article and not just the headline, they report that a deal has been reached.

*reads article*

no it doesn't

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Reilly311 said:
no it doesn't

I was just going to say that. It is basically the same report as has been all over the place. It also seems to imply in one place, ominously, that even if a deal is reached a season may not happen until next year. Reading between the lines, it seems if anything a figure, $45 million, may have been agreed to in principle (several deny this as well, including the NHLPA), but lots of other details remain to work out. Nothing at all about that clause #7, revenue sharing, what happens if a certain number of teams hit $45 Million (if anything), a luxury tax, a floor, etc, etc.

jacketracket*

Jaded-Fan said:
I was just going to say that. It is basically the same report as has been all over the place. It also seems to imply in one place, ominously, that even if a deal is reached a season may not happen until next year. Reading between the lines, it seems if anything a figure, $45 million, may have been agreed to in principle (several deny this as well, including the NHLPA), but lots of other details remain to work out. Nothing at all about that clause #7, revenue sharing, what happens if a certain number of teams hit $45 Million (if anything), a luxury tax, a floor, etc, etc.
... always thinking like an attorney ... ;)

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Reilly311 said:
*reads article*

no it doesn't
Reilly, ever get a gut feeling in your life and run with it? I mean what is yours telling you right now? Because mine told me this was happening this morning, forget about now.

What else are you looking for?

Reilly311

Lou is God said:
Reilly, ever get a gut feeling in your life and run with it? I mean what is yours telling you right now? Because mine told me this was happening this morning, forget about now.

What else are you looking for?

I'm looking for the ESPN article that says it's a "done deal". :dunno:

Doctor Zoidberg

Feb 16, 2005
Reilly311 said:
*reads article*

no it doesn't

Might want to read the article again, bro.

"an agreement in principle with a $45 million salary cap IS IN PLACE, confirms ESPN The Magazine's EJ Hradek."

What about that don't you understand?

Doctor Zoidberg

Feb 16, 2005
Reilly311 said:
I'm looking for the ESPN article that says it's a "done deal". :dunno:

"an agreement in principle with a $45 million salary cap IS IN PLACE, confirms ESPN The Magazine's EJ Hradek."

Get out your glasses, gramps.

EJ Hradek does NOT work at the Hockey News. This is a second source.

Reilly311

Doctor Zoidberg said:

Get out your glasses, gramps.

EJ Hrade3k does NOT work at the Hockey News. This is a second source.

"Agreement in principle" does not equal "done deal". Sorry.

jacketracket*

Jaded-Fan said:
Hey, if I am destined to burn in hell anyways for it, why not use it? . . . Good seeing you again btw.
You, too.

With Lou posting in this thread, it's like 'Old Home Week' for the political forum.

Reilly311

[Fire Sather] said:
Actually, it does... in a way.

considering neither side has confirmed it, no it doesn't. Yeah, if the PA and the NHL came out and said "We have a deal in principle" then yeah I suppose it's a done deal then.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
[Fire Sather] said:
Actually, it does... in a way.

No, it does not. They could have in theory have agreed in principle to the $45 million figure . . . and that article aslo has quotes from sources such as the NHLPA that deny that as well . . . but for arguments sake, let us say for this moment the agreement in principle at $45 million is real. If the other details, luxury tax, floor, caluse #7, and on and on and on are still left, how in hell is it a 'done deal'?

Reilly311

Jaded-Fan said:
No, it does not. They could have in theory have agreed in principle to the $45 million figure . . . and that article aslo has quotes from sources such as the NHLPA that deny that as well . . . but for arguments sake, let us say for this moment the agreement in principle at $45 million is real. If the other details, luxury tax, floor, caluse #7, and on and on and on are still left, how in hell is it a 'done deal'?

hooray, smart people!

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
jacketracket said:
You, too.

With Lou posting in this thread, it's like 'Old Home Week' for the political forum.

I started out on the hockey forum. I only drifted over to politics when you all nominated a communist to be your standard bearer . . . ;)

Doctor Zoidberg

Feb 16, 2005
Reilly311 said:
"Agreement in principle" does not equal "done deal". Sorry.

It does too. It's a deal in principle, but that deal in principle is done. Anyway, ESPN has altered their story. No longer does it say EJ Hradek confirms there is a deal in principle. This is not good news.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Jaded-Fan said:

Well from what I read, correct me if I'm wrong it says "deal that includes a $45 mill cap" Meaning, the rest is also agreed to in principal.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Doctor Zoidberg said:
It does too. It's a deal in principle, but that deal in principle is done. Anyway, ESPN has altered their story. No longer does it say EJ Hradek confirms there is a deal in principle. This is not good news.

How did they alter it? By removing the tag at the bottom of the screen? They do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad