ESPN’s top 50 players in the playoffs

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Dakota Joshua with a 3.0ppg playoffs, ESPN got the wrong guy at #1 :sarcasm:

Matthews > Draisaitl

Best goal scorer in the world. Nuff said
Depends, are we talking about a Draisaitl that’s carried by McDavid? Or a Draisaitl that has to play without him?

• Haha
Reactions: Buck Naked

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
My acid test for the list was to just scroll through it to find Barkov... at #19, that's enough to tell me I should pay no attention :D

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Best regular season goal scorer. Nuff said. It's almost like this list is suppose to be for the playoffs.

But at the same time it's weirdly not.. Can't wrap my head around this list.

If it's based on the regular season it makes no sense to have Matthews first. MacKinnon and Kucherov had better seasons.
If it's based on the projected playoffs it makes no sense to have Matthews first. MacKinnon, McDavid, Draisaitl, Kucherov has all been a lot better in the post season.
If it's a combination of both, it still makes no sense whatsoever.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Whoever made this list has never watched hockey in their life, or has poor eyesight.

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
Even as a Leafs fan and Matthews lover, soon as I saw AM at #1 I thought "ohhh boy, here we go."

It's a pretty awful list with zero logic.

Brayden Point at #34 given his recent playoff track record and the season he just had is indefensible.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
The writer must be an Avs fan, he has the Avs all over the top of this list. 3 of the top 11 are from the Avs.
Weird comment.

Mackinnon and Makar are slam dunks for top 5 given their talent, recent seasons, and playoff history. Can't imagine anyone having an issue with their inclusion at the top of the list.

Rantanen (4th in playoff scoring and 6th in RS scoring over the past 3 years) being top 11 is so egregious to you that you assume it's a homer pick?

Mar 26, 2010
Didn't Matthews have 2 assists in 5 games against the wild card team with the lowest point percentage out of all playoff teams in last year's playoffs?
Didn’t Matthews win 3 Rockets in the last 4 seasons and score more than DOUBLE the amount of goals than McDavid. All while playing against the best teams in the NHL… not the Pacific division bottom dwellers. The Oilers would not even make the playoffs if they played in the Atlantic. Like I said… another free pass again for the 3rd season in a row.

Last edited:

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Didn’t Matthews win 3 Rockets in the last 4 seasons and score more than DOUBLE the amount of goals than McDavid. All while playing against the best teams in the NHL… not the Pacific division bottom dwellers. The Oilers would not even make the playoffs if they played in the Atlantic. Like I said… another free pass again for the 3rd season in a row.
You didn't answer his question.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Keep that in your back pocket for when the Leafs get punted in the 1st round again. You guys cry and cry every year.

Reactions: rhino71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad