"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
G
Erod on the pk
Mitts with the pp goal
Only let in 1 goal

B
?? I just got home, and only had the radio of the game on the 90. Sounded boring.

U
Nothing. Regulation win by more than 1 goal

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
I only fear that tomorrow will be a Sabres v. Dallas game part 2, but with more scoring.

Good teamwork this time!

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Wait, today was a day game? I didn’t realize that and I could have watched it. I thought they played tonight when I’m going to be at work.

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
Eichel's backhand sauce on the Bogo opportunity was highlight reel. Shame it didn't go in, or else it would get a lot of play on the sports shows.

I was thinking the same of ERod's early drop pass to Tage Thomspson. Good opportunity.

Maut

Nov 30, 2018
Didn't see the game. Heard Linus did well. 30 shots is still a decent amount especially if we only have 21, hope the defense improves still.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Reinhart/Mitts/Sheary line was the best line today...ofc they had the fewest minutes. :facepalm:

Refs forgot interference was a penalty again.

5/6 points over the last 3 games..lets keep it going.

Reactions: Willgamesh

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Reinhart/Mitts/Sheary line was the best line today...ofc they had the fewest minutes. :facepalm:

Refs forgot interference was a penalty again.

5/6 points over the last 3 games..lets keep it going.
Honestly makes me sad they had lowest TOI. Unacceptable.

Reactions: Kyndig

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
missed the whole game. replay says Ullmark over committed on that Larkin wraparound, but 2 points is 2 points.

That's Ullmark's weakness, IMO. Once the puck gets behind the net, he's terrible at tracking it.

That said, one of our most complete games in a while. Very good performance all around.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I don't think he over committed as much as he just slipped. Haha

That’s what it looked like to me as well. He pushed too hard backward, or misjudged his pad and the post, like he was expecting to stop with his pad flush, but slid past it instead.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
G
Power Play
Team Compeetz
Erod Compeetz
He who must be praised

B
Detroit Compeetz

U
Sobotka in Smith Out
Scandella In

Buffalo played with the same fundementally flawed game plan they usually played with. They were able to out finish a poor Detroit squad who was quite slow and outclassed.

Housleys team didn’t win because he made any changes to their strategy. He spread out the forwards a bit. Which was smart. But they’re going to get exposed by the forecheck of fast forwards.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
missed the whole game. replay says Ullmark over committed on that Larkin wraparound, but 2 points is 2 points.

He was sliding around in the crease a bit, didn't have the control he has when he seems to be very on. But the team did a better job keeping things to the outside, made it easier for him. He did have a breakaway stop that was top notch.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Eichel I though had a very good game. Skinner was competent as well, but whoever that other wing was....

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The key to the game happened before the puck was dropped when the Sabres came out with their first line anthem singer. The look on the Detroit players faces said "get me out of here, we're going to lose". Doug Allen's voice demoralizes opposing teams and takes away their will to compete. At this point in season, the Sabres can not afford to use backup anthem singers.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
G:
2 points, for sure
Ullmark, Jack, Skinner, Pommer, Pilut, McCabe, Mitts, Reino (..the good players were good pretty much).

B:
They got out-corsi'd by the motherf***ing Red Wings.

U:
Tage Thompson 33% CF. Weird how every line you put him on becomes instantly terrible.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
G:
2 points, for sure
Ullmark, Jack, Skinner, Pommer, Pilut, McCabe, Mitts, Reino (..the good players were good pretty much).

B:
They got out-corsi'd by the mother****ing Red Wings.

U:
Tage Thompson 33% CF. Weird how every line you put him on becomes instantly terrible.

ERod deserves a "G" for effort, too

Reactions: Tatre

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
G:
2 points, for sure

B:
They got out-corsi'd by the mother****ing Red Wings.

U:
Broad judgments of 60 minutes of hockey by a predictive stat that doesn't acquire its mediocre peak predictive ability (still better than other stats, yes) until ~40+ games of data have amassed is ludicrous. I know you and everyone here can actually analyze a hockey game better than that stat can describe one single hockey game, by quite a bit. My mom could as well, and she doesn't watch hockey at all.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Broad judgments of 60 minutes of hockey by a predictive stat that doesn't acquire its mediocre peak predictive ability (still better than other stats, yes) until ~40+ games of data have amassed is ludicrous. I know you and everyone here can actually analyze a hockey game better than that stat can describe one single hockey game, by quite a bit. My mom could as well, and she doesn't watch hockey at all.

Cool, man, thanks for the input. Do you have anything substantive to add, or do you just want to talk about my opinions about the game?

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015

Please go ahead and make an argument in favor of Thompson based on his larger sample size results. Look at the whole season. Use all the data. Enlighten the discourse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad