"Eriksson still working on transition to Bruins"

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
How are people ripping haggs for this? He is saying Erickson will need time to adjust to the system and playing his off wing. He's not saying he sucks.

Orrthebest

May 25, 2012
How are people ripping haggs for this? He is saying Erickson will need time to adjust to the system and playing his off wing. He's not saying he sucks.

He has been playing right wing for 5 years, how much longer is it going to take for him to get use to it?

wetcamelfood

Aug 19, 2007
It's their own damn fault for waiving the Kool Aid bucket above our heads since the trade about how great he's going to be here. I don't doubt he'll be just fine but if they hadn't built him up to the pink hats then they wouldn't feel the need to do this (assuming they are worried the pinkys are going to demand he gets traded away since he hasn't had a hat trick in every game so far).

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Agreed. I'm definitely a fan. He's looked very good despite no points yet.

A bit OT but I've been very impressed with Smith too, surprisingly so. If one of Morrow or Fraser works out too, this trade is going to look very nice.

Also a bit off-topic but I saw this today:

The Bruins pushed hard to get forward Alex Chiasson in the Tyler Seguin deal, but the Dallas Stars refused, giving up young players Reilly Smith and Matt Fraser instead. Chiasson has played nine NHL games and has eight goals.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2013/1 ... 3RirR.dpuf

member 96824

Haggs just told me we all know he played both wings.

Which is it?

We know one thing it isn't...journalism.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
Ultimately, whenever Loui truly adjusts to his linemates' movements in all 3 zones and the Bruins' system, the person who could benefit the most offensively may not even be Eriksson himself; If Loui can get numbers similar to Dallas, then Bergeron will have a 30 + goal season this year, in my opinion.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
It's their own damn fault for waiving the Kool Aid bucket above our heads since the trade about how great he's going to be here. I don't doubt he'll be just fine but if they hadn't built him up to the pink hats then they wouldn't feel the need to do this (assuming they are worried the pinkys are going to demand he gets traded away since he hasn't had a hat trick in every game so far).

What does this all mean?

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH

He insinuated heavily that playing the right wing was somehow foreign to Loui when it's the position he's played the majority of his career.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I understand.

I thought I had read that he'd already played the right side often, but maybe not.

I do think he'll be fine, given a little time.

That's what I was given to believe as well. I'm sure he'll be fine, eventually.

Couldn't have a better line mate than #37, and according to Haggerty, NFK seems to be maturing, as well (sic). :handclap:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Go Loui indeed, betcha he has an alarm clock and returns to the hotel earlier than TS does when the boys hit the road:sarcasm:

I`m also of the school who believes you never had to play this game at all to make intelligent observations/comments on it. It helps in certain scenarios but overall, I cringe when I see the "I played________level so I know what`s going on" kinda arguements.

I made it as far as Junior B......hardly qualifies me as any kind of expert

As far as I went: Michigan State summer hockey camp. Left D, left W. Couldn't skate backward. Couldn't skate for a damn. But, all those years playing net, et. al. in the basement & garage helped the stick handling.

"Hanger hockey" (i.e. on your eight year old knees, finished wooden floor, hangers for sticks) & "crushed beer cup hockey" at the old Olympia between periods absolutely count. ;)

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Sure seems like it. Eriksson played RW the entire time Richards was here (3 seasons). He played RW with Ribeiro before the Richards trade and played with Ribeiro at RW after Richards left for NY. It really wasn't until both of those centers (and Neal) was gone that he moved back to LW and even then it wasn't an all the time kind of thing.

These were the most used lines when Eriksson was here

Neal-Richards-Eriksson
Morrow-Ribeiro-Eriksson
Ott-Benn-Eriksson

If you asked Stars fans what Eriksson was they would tell you he was a right winger. One would have to go out of their way to not watch Stars games to think otherwise. Haggerty is a hack.

Well, firshizzle my zizzle. Good news, and thanks for shedding some happy light. :nod:

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
[/B]

The Bruins pushed hard to get forward Alex Chiasson in the Tyler Seguin deal, but the Dallas Stars refused, giving up young players Reilly Smith and Matt Fraser instead. Chiasson has played nine NHL games and has eight goals.

That's interesting. Stars are smart to keep Chiasson. He's a real solid prospect. I like Smith, but Chiasson to me looks like the real deal and plays with a lot more of that "Bruin" edge.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

Adjustment to the new system/line mates=makes a good and honest observation.
Adjustment to playing offwing=a lack of knowledge.

I agree with the first one but not the second since he has spent most of his NHL time playing his offwing.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
As far as I went: Michigan State summer hockey camp. Left D, left W. Couldn't skate backward. Couldn't skate for a damn. But, all those years playing net, et. al. in the basement & garage helped the stick handling.

"Hanger hockey" (i.e. on your eight year old knees, finished wooden floor, hangers for sticks) & "crushed beer cup hockey" at the old Olympia between periods absolutely count. ;)

Crushed Beer cup Hockey is more than enough to qualify ya here:yo:

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
[/B]

Saw that too Alan. Interesting, if not a shock- BU kid, plays the B's style. Got to think he'll come down to earth though- his shot % must be about 95 at this point. Still looks like a guy who'll have a very nice career.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour

Who, exactly, are "They?"

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
I don't know about you guys ......But I already hit the panic button :laugh:

If we begin to lose games I will be prepared to become nervous after some preparation and evaluation of the situation and the players involved, I'm not ready to be emotional for the sake of being emotional.

(from the upcoming book "Trade Deadline The Bruins and Your Life - Can They Be The Same?")

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Haggerty doesn't have Timmy around to write negative articles about or Seguin to gush over, the team looks good....he's trying to create something that is not there. Dude's a hack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad