News Article: Erik The Great Loves Ottawa

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Nobody crapped on Spets when he was Erik's age either. And he was (and may still be) the most talented player in our history too. I just hope our love affair with Erik continues for another 15 years.

Umm people have crapped on spezza for one thing or another his entire career. Sometimes for good reason.

Not only is he the most talented player that we've ever had, but Karlsson is already much more popular than spezza ever was in my opinion. With spezza an argument could usually be made that he does as much harm as he does good. That same argument can't logically be made for Karlsson, and I think the majority of Sens fans realize that.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Umm people have crapped on spezza for one thing or another his entire career. Sometimes for good reason.

Not only is he the most talented player that we've ever had, but Karlsson is already much more popular than spezza ever was in my opinion. With spezza an argument could usually be made that he does as much harm as he does good. That same argument can't logically be made for Karlsson, and I think the majority of Sens fans realize that.

I'd agree.

King EK65

#KuldaApproved
Jun 26, 2013
Canada
Love to hear this from our most important player. Also, I've talked to him personally via tumblr, said he loves everything in Ottawa.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009

Spezza was crapped on but he was way behind Redden, Alfie and others in the dept.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Typical pre-season fluff piece arranged by the player's agent. Look for Karlsson to quietly ask for a trade come January.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm not a fan of Erik the Great as a nickname.

How about this instead;

51RTPWK456L.jpg

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
This I agree with.

It's rare to hear a player say he hates the city and the team before the season starts.

Hopefully not.

Seems relatively rare for young players to demand trades from the teams that drafted them.

Rare is too weak a word

Has it ever happened?!

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Rare is too weak a word

Has it ever happened?!

I wish! Even when players demand trades they say they love the city and the fans.

All this stuff from Karlsson is nice and feel good, but the exact same thing has been said by every star player in the league since ever.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I think Karlsson will thrive in the current situation. He knows he is THE guy now. When Alfie and Spezza were still on the team he knew that they were veterans and big names in Ottawa despite his success he wasnt the one star on the team. Look for him to come out on fire to start the season, I can feel it.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I think Karlsson will thrive in the current situation. He knows he is THE guy now. When Alfie and Spezza were still on the team he knew that they were veterans and big names in Ottawa despite his success he wasnt the one star on the team. Look for him to come out on fire to start the season, I can feel it.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
:laugh:

Good call

He took it to the next level: he complained about the city before even getting there!

Did Mario not pull something similar in Pitts? I know it obviously didn't play out that way but i have always heard reference he ws not planning on even putting on the jersey.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad