News Article: Erik The Great Loves Ottawa

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Love this guy. Everything you want your young superstar to say, he's matured wonderfully. Future Captain.

With two key members of the 2007 Stanley Cup Final team having moved on and the Senators trying to build their way back to being a title contender, Karlsson made clear during the NHL Player Media Tour earlier this month that he's thrilled to be in Ottawa and envisions himself finishing his career there.

"Yeah, definitely, I'm happy with everything in Ottawa. I love the city, I love the fans, I love the organization," Karlsson said. "The city of Ottawa has been nothing but good to me. It's a great organization. It's a competitive market and that's the way I want it to be. I'm very fortunate to be able to play for a Canadian team where everybody's so passionate about hockey. It's a lot of expectations on you, but that's great and it can be very rewarding. … I think we're moving in the right direction and I can definitely see myself spending my entire [career] in Ottawa."

"That's what we have to do, I think, look forward. That's what we do every season, and I think the atmosphere in the room is great. All the guys are very excited coming into the season. I've spoken to pretty much everybody on the team, and everybody's had a great summer and everybody's looking forward to coming back and seeing what [this season] brings us."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=730171&navid=nhl:topheads

Can't wait for next year, especially cause of that last quote. I think Ottawa will be so much fun to watch next year.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
With expectations lowered somewhat after last year's performance, following this team will be less stressful this year, that's for sure. Has a bit of a Senatrolls "not even mad" feel all over again.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Erik definitely has IT. He wants to win, wants to be the best, and thrives under pressure. He definitely has a ring/championship in his future.

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
We're so lucky to have this guy. Move over Alfie, Ottawa is quickly becoming Karlsson's city.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
I heart Erik 'mothaeffin Norris babay!' Karlsson.

Now, let's hope the fans of this city never turn on him the way they did to Spezza.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
He's gonna bring us a Cup. It'll be like that version of return of the Jedi from the 90s where Luke is celebrating and those dead Jedi appear all ghostly on the screen smiling cause he saved the day, except it'll be Alfie and Spezza and Hossa.

Alfie will be wearing his Sens jersey, redeemed from his dalliance with the red wings. You'll know he's healed cause he won't have a stupid hair cut.

Karlsson2Turris*

Time to move on from Alfie and Spezza leaving. They were great players but were not winners. Choke after choke in the early 2000's and only one Finals appearance.

This is Karlsson's team now.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Damn this kid needs to be given the C. His optimism and enthusiasm is exactly what we need.

Im of the same mentality as he is; as sad as it was to see those guys go, on the flip side its just as exciting to be a part of building a new team and identity for the next generation. this is year 1 of a new chapter in the senators book.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Ottawa, and people outside of Ottawa (me) loves you back Erik!

Man this kid likes to win, wants to win, wants to be the best, plays hard every game. The best thing to happen to this franchise! Stick a C on that chest and never look back. He's pissed when he loses and I like it, I want passion in this team, no more old country club

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
He's gonna bring us a Cup. It'll be like that version of return of the Jedi from the 90s where Luke is celebrating and those dead Jedi appear all ghostly on the screen smiling cause he saved the day, except it'll be Alfie and Spezza and Hossa.

Alfie will be wearing his Sens jersey, redeemed from his dalliance with the red wings. You'll know he's healed cause he won't have a stupid hair cut.

Just when we are nervous and unsure about Ryan's future, he will resign and fly by Karlsson's wing to assist him for the GWG against Price in game 7 of the division final. "Woohoo, now let's score on this thing and go home." Then the Bell Center goes BOOM.

WhiteLight*

Erik Karlsson appreciation thread!!! :handclap:

Best player in Sens history.

Best defenseman in the league.

Most fun player to watch in the league.

Most beautiful playing style.

Will take us to the promised land.

PierresGabriels

Jan 13, 2010
Orleans

This is the best thing I have ever read on the Sens board! It's tragic those other guys couldn't pull it off. If anyone wins a Stanley Cup for my dad and I to enjoy, it will be Erik!!

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Karlsson in his first 3 years has already shown more drive, will and accomplishments than Spezza ever has.

They are no where alike.

Nobody crapped on Spets when he was Erik's age either. And he was (and may still be) the most talented player in our history too. I just hope our love affair with Erik continues for another 15 years.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think after being in a very tough place mentally and physically the last year this offseason has been fantastic for him. He's gonna have a big year, and as Karlsson goes so do the sens.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Im sure that so long as we don't trade any more of his friends away he will stay for at least 7 more years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad