Prospect Info: Erik Portillo, G, 67th 2019, University of Michigan

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Being a PSU alum and a Sabres fan, there's really no way of enjoying this game :whatever:

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Let's say he chooses to sign with us after his college career, how long do you think it will be before he becomes our starting goalie ( I'm not factoring Levi or 6k in this equation just seeing about portillo)
Do we let him marinate in the AHL for a year or two ? Or bring him up to the main club at once?

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Well, you could think that it actually is possible for Pegula's money to build a strong, winning program somewhere. :D

The Pegula ice arena is no joke, it's legitimately one of the most beautiful arenas in all of college hockey. That program's time was two years ago though, they had a legit shot and then Covid ruined everything

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Let's say he chooses to sign with us after his college career, how long do you think it will be before he becomes our starting goalie ( I'm not factoring Levi or 6k in this equation just seeing about portillo)
Do we let him marinate in the AHL for a year or two ? Or bring him up to the main club at once?

Honestly, I have no idea.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Honestly, I have no idea.
Who do you value the most between our young goalie trio : Portillo ,Levi, or 6K? I have no clue how 6K is doing In the Roch right now since I don't watch much Roch games but he's definitely further ahead in his development then the 2 collage kids but I'm still wary of him.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Who do you value the most between our young goalie trio : Portillo ,Levi, or 6K? I have no clue how 6K is doing In the Roch right now since I don't watch much Roch games but he's definitely further ahead in his development then the 2 collage kids but I'm still wary of him.

I have had Portillo just a slight bit ahead of Levi with Luukkonen behind Levi but Levi's doing that "hey, I stop everything" thing that he's done everywhere he's ever played.

And that's because I've seen Portillo more. All of them have done impressive things in games I've watched, though Luukkonen is very much working through issues right now. His last start I thought was his best - calmer in how he moved, square to the puck consistently, very little panic in his game - and he hasn't played that many as a pro. Goaltenders take so long to develop and we haven't seen what the NCAA guys may have to overcome.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
I have had Portillo just a slight bit ahead of Levi with Luukkonen behind Levi but Levi's doing that "hey, I stop everything" thing that he's done everywhere he's ever played.

And that's because I've seen Portillo more. All of them have done impressive things in games I've watched, though Luukkonen is very much working through issues right now. His last start I thought was his best - calmer in how he moved, square to the puck consistently, very little panic in his game - and he hasn't played that many as a pro. Goaltenders take so long to develop and we haven't seen what the NCAA guys may have to overcome.
Yes Goalies take forever to develop..I was pissed at all the time we put into Ullmark , years and years of development, and then he finally makes it over here and becomes a solid goalie( even if he was made of brittle glass)then he walks at the first opportunity. Not that I particularly blame Adams though. I would've been hesitant to throw a bunch of money at a goalie who could get injured by a gentle breeze. But the whole saga was still frustrating. We spent years on that kid.
Hopefully Levi or Portillo sign and 6K can hold down the fort til one of them is ready.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Yes Goalies take forever to develop..I was pissed at all the time we put into Ullmark , years and years of development, and then he finally makes it over here and becomes a solid goalie( even if he was made of brittle glass)then he walks at the first opportunity. Not that I particularly blame Adams though. I would've been hesitant to throw a bunch of money at a goalie who could get injured by a gentle breeze. But the whole saga was still frustrating. We spent years on that kid.
Hopefully Levi or Portillo sign and 6K can hold down the fort til one of them is ready.
That's showbiz baby!

Sidenote, previous regimes spent time. That is the problem with changing management and coaches every 2-3 years.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Okay, Portillo bails out Power on that one. First time Power has really mishandled the puck in this game, wound up with a short area 2-on-1 and Erik comes up with another save.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
FD9vf5AXMAIpYHG

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
It feels so amazing to have 2 legitimate top goalie prospects in the league. Not even including UPL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad