Speculation: Erik Karlsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
With how we're playing right now and with the depth we have I don't see the benefit in adding yet another offensive piece like Karlsson. I'm not saying Karlsson wouldn't make us better, but if I had to pick I'd rather add another defensive / two-way piece with experience than bolstering an already league-best offense.

IB4 less need of defense thru more offensive zone time. I'm aware of that argument.
We're already like a 56% possession team. I don't know how much EK helps.

And there's only one puck. With Hedman, McDonagh, and EK, they may have issues sharing.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
We're already like a 56% possession team. I don't know how much EK helps.

And there's only one puck. With Hedman, McDonagh, and EK, they may have issues sharing.

And if anything he's already showing that's an issue in SJ.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
And if anything he's already showing that's an issue in SJ.
Some of that is an adjustment period. It takes awhile to get up to speed, so I won't criticize too harshly. But one of the things I noticed is SJ now drives like 95% of their offense through the points, and I don't think that's a recipe for success in this league nowadays.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He would have been a luxury before we knew what our D looked like with McDonagh. Now it's just too much of a luxury for the money it would cost.

Maybe we get exposed in the playoffs and wind up needing a big shakeup. But, as of right now, it just seems kind of excessive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad