Post-Game Talk: Erik Karlsson: Zombie Hunter

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Get Gagner off this team. He's not an NHL player. Loser attitude and his poor effort is showing again. Saw too many of those embarrassing cellies in the pre Connor era. Guys like Hall, Schultz, Gags, Ebs etc cellying hard when they score a milestone goal (20th of season or something) or hit a salary bonus even though they're getting their a$$es whopped 7-2. Frigging embarrassing and selfish.
It was more of a "I cant believe that went in" celebration than some sort of selfish one.
I noticed Tippet was playing him on the PK so I wouldn't hold your breath of him going anywhere

Reactions: Oilhawks

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Don't understand how San Jose was gifted that penalty shot.
Don't understand why Gagner was cheering.
Don't understand why Gagner or Manning were in the game.
Don't understand why we even bother playing Neal 5 on 5.
Don't understand why our d-men are going out of their way to screen their own goalie.

I guess I don't know much about hockey.

Drai-McDavid-Kassian
Nygard-Has-Chaison
Juju-Hopkins-Archibald
Russell-Shehan-Neal

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Persson
Russell-Benning

That's what I'm skating for the next game. If Nuge and Neal want to play like that don't bother giving them so many minutes 5 on 5. We don't even need to play Neal @ 5 on 5. We can let Chaison and Archibald take turns playing with the 4th line.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
It was more of a "I cant believe that went in" celebration than some sort of selfish one.
I noticed Tippet was playing him on the PK so I wouldn't hold your breath of him going anywhere

nah i think he was just happy for himself that he scored. i guess not a huge deal but like i said not a good look.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I don't give a f*** if Gagner celebrated... I just wish they scored a few more times and celebrated even harder.

Gagner had a decent game... goal and an assist... plus 1 with 2 hits and the fact he actually gave a shit and scored and had some energy to try to get the team back in it... no issue with that.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Don't understand how San Jose was gifted that penalty shot.
Don't understand why Gagner was cheering.
Don't understand why Gagner or Manning were in the game.
Don't understand why we even bother playing Neal 5 on 5.
Don't understand why our d-men are going out of their way to screen their own goalie.

I guess I don't know much about hockey.

Drai-McDavid-Kassian
Nygard-Has-Chaison
Juju-Hopkins-Archibald
Russell-Shehan-Neal

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Persson
Russell-Benning

That's what I'm skating for the next game. If Nuge and Neal want to play like that don't bother giving them so many minutes 5 on 5. We don't even need to play Neal @ 5 on 5. We can let Chaison and Archibald take turns playing with the 4th line.

neals play 5v5 is starting to be a bit of a concern

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Get Gagner off this team. He's not an NHL player. Loser attitude and his poor effort is showing again. Saw too many of those embarrassing cellies in the pre Connor era. Guys like Hall, Schultz, Gags, Yak, Ebs etc cellying hard when they score a milestone goal (20th of season or something) or hit a salary bonus even though they're getting their a$$es whopped 7-2. Frigging embarrassing and selfish.
He doesn’t care what you think. 1-1-2, 3 SOG and +1.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Get Gagner off this team. He's not an NHL player. Loser attitude and his poor effort is showing again. Saw too many of those embarrassing cellies in the pre Connor era. Guys like Hall, Schultz, Gags, Yak, Ebs etc cellying hard when they score a milestone goal (20th of season or something) or hit a salary bonus even though they're getting their a$$es whopped 7-2. Frigging embarrassing and selfish.

20 games into the season, healthy scratched, sent to the A, It was his first goal of the year. He was just happy to finally get one.

I'm not going to complain when a bottom 6 player scores right now. Those guys need all the confidence right now.

OilersfaninTO

Nov 25, 2018
giphy.gif

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Worst game all year, but everyone is sleeping on the Sharks too. They're way better than their record and I think them or Vegas will take the division fairly handedly by season end.
Nah sharks are a terrible defensively going back years. They don’t have the depth to outscore their problems anymore.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
He doesn’t care what you think. 1-1-2, 3 SOG and +1.

drai's goal was a bleh fluke goal that burns tipped in himself on a 50mph shot from drai. gags is like a div 1 mens leaguer who somehow got his chance in the big leagues. that celly was like rudy rutiger getting that nothing sack when coach put him in for the last couple plays and cellying hard. lol.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

I dunno. I mean, he had a goal and an assist and wasn't a minus. Sure he's a 4th liner but at least he did something.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Neal is pretty much a net negative at evens but we all knew he'd drag around a big minus all season as he's not getting any younger/faster each year... but he's money on the PP and adds just enough offense at evens to still make him a definite overall net positive player.

Just saying this because he's had a few games where he wasn't much of a factor at all (like tonight) but overall he's still been impressive overall with his contributions.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
meh, I had one go off my shin pad when it was 6-0. Cheered pretty hard because of the surprise. Took about a second to remember that it was then a 6-1 game :confused:

pretty sure you didn't celly like gags did though. maybe just raised you hands with a bit of fervor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad