Erik Karlsson vs Tyson Barrie

Who is Better Right now?

• Total voters

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
It's Barrie unfortunately, even if he's the biggest secondary assist leech in the league. I loved Karlsson before Cooke stomped on his achilles, but he is a shell of his former self, I can't imagine a 11M albatross on a canadian team.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Karlsson was my favorite player, but he isn't the same player anymore sadly. I don't think Barrie is as good as his stats say he is, but I'd still go with him.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I havent really watched San Jose much, but I thought Karlsson has been their best player as of late? At least thats what I heard a week or so ago.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
This thread really proves at what point HF is almost completely based on recency bias

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Karlsson is a shell of his former self this is no contest. At least Barrie is mobile and healthy. They both suck as defence but Barrie at least is producing offensively.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Hasn't Karlsson looked really good as of late for San Jose? I think the reports of his demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Reactions: WSS11

seancolorado

Oct 8, 2011
This kind of comparison is actually kind of interesting because of their much scrutinized highs and lows.

Erik Karlsson of course has the way higher high but that just made the fall more difficult to stomach, especially because San Jose felt like it was on the cusp and that he could have been the missing puzzle piece a la Rob Blake being traded from LA to Colorado in exchange for fan favorite Deadmarsh.

Barrie meanwhile is riding a success sandwich of a hot start to his career in Colorado followed by the difficult Toronto stint and now he is back in his element with a team like Edmonton, although what player wouldn't benefit from riding shotgun with McDavid or Draisaitl

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
If someone told me 5 years ago that barrie would be better than EK in 2021, I would have laughed so hard.

Sad how far EK has fallen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad