Erik Karlsson vs Drew Doughty

Who is Better Right Now?

• Total voters

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Karlsson is the better player right now.

If I had to add one to my team right now though it'd be Doughty. Just can't see Karlsson not dropping off a cliff at some point in the next 3-5 years due to injuries.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
For the most part it’s always been Karlsson. There were a couple years where Doughty was better, but I’d take EK right now.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I believe Doughty is better than his play the past two seasons, but Karlsson has been much better recently.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Both have fallen off a lot. Karlsson May have even regressed more, but I think EK is still better today. He was just that much better to begin with at his peak.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
I still don't believe it's true for either player. I feel like they just had off years, for different reasons.

I could honestly see both being the top 2 D in the league again as soon as this season. We'll see.

You must be the only person who doesn’t see that Karlsson isn’t his old self after the last surgery in 2017. Not even close to it

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
You must be the only person who doesn’t see that Karlsson isn’t his old self after the last surgery in 2017. Not even close to it

Well no. I see that his performance has fallen off, a lot due to injury. All i'm saying is I expect him to recover and re-gain form still. It's too early to write him off.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Is this really a seriously question?

EK65 every day.

Attachments

• doughty-ek746.png
    doughty-ek746.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 10

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Karlsson has been his old self for two sustained periods for the Sharks. He has just got further significant injuries. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him be old Karlsson with the large COVID break ala Selanne.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Both have fallen off a lot. Karlsson May have even regressed more, but I think EK is still better today. He was just that much better to begin with at his peak.

LA is a terrible team. I wonder if Doughty himself has truly fallen off or his team has....

At his peak I absolutely take Doughty. A two way defensive monster. Karlsson was never, ever close defensively. Karlsson at his peak, unlikely to be reached again, was likewise far superior offensively.

With that tunnel vision, Doughty is my easy choice. I prefer the player who produces offensively AND plays elite defense. Now, it is even easier with Karlsson's decline and contract.

The poster above may suggest Doughty is overrated but if that is a question, then what on earth is Karlsson if not incredibly overrated because of his peak's offensive production.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I’d take Doughty because he’s actually good at defense.

I kind of don’t trust the advanced stats either. They’re often misread, misused, not contextualized, not suitable for comparing different types of players, or just plain trash to begin with.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Karlsson is low key trash now. He's always been iffy defensively (despite what Sens fans would say) but now he straight up does not defend. And his offense has declined. Idk if Doughty is much better right now but I think its close.

Reactions: BlueMed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad