Rumor: Erik Karlsson Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
But there will be hope and direction and a plan. That's what EK wants. That's what the fans want. Hope.
Why would EK want to waste away here for a rebuild, with no building blocks for the rebuild?

EK wants to play to win, something the Sens can't offer in the immediate future.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Why would EK want to waste away here for a rebuild, with no building blocks for the rebuild?

EK wants to play to win, something the Sens can't offer in the immediate future.

Things change in a hurry. And no building blocks? 4th pick. Chabot. Brown. Batherson. White. Chlapik. Formenton. Gustavsson. Jaros. Stone. Duchene. We have some good pieces here. Lets not forget that.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I didn't know a tweet from some guy named Nick Algebra is considered an official request. Ferraro comments being recycled?

Algebra means the reunion of broken parts. Clearly there is some symbolism going on through Twitter and we will officially be seeing Hoffman and Karlsson mend their relationship and lead the Sens to Cup glory!

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So now we have no building blocks? Lol, this board has sunk lower than the organization.
Hey man, as long as you're here to remind us what a good poster is.

You do realise the biggest building block in a rebuild is a teams 1st, right? Imagine the Sabres this year not being able to draft Dahlin, that's the position the Sens are in next year.

You can keep being positive, for whatever reason, but it's not realistic

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Things change in a hurry. And no building blocks? 4th pick. Chabot. Brown. Batherson. White. Chlapik. Formenton. Gustavsson. Jaros. Stone. Duchene. We have some good pieces here. Lets not forget that.
I mean, every team has those pieces, those are just ours.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I mean, every team has those pieces, those are just ours.

We have some top end players and good group of young kids coming up. I get not having a 1st next year really sucks but we still have some good players to build around.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
We have some top end players and good group of young kids coming up. I get not having a 1st next year really sucks but we still have some good players to build around.
Every team has stone and Duchene? Lol ok

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Not sure why everyone is freaking out over a tweet from some guy named Algebra. None of the big guys are talking about this.

Seems far-fetched.

Until I see something more substantial I agree. It's not as though situation for Karlsson has changed in the last day or so. He's been in the middle of this for a while.

But because everyone is high strung around here, everyone has a hair trigger reaction to everything.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Until I see something more substantial I agree. It's not as though situation for Karlsson has changed in the last day or so. He's been in the middle of this for a while.

But because everyone is high strung around here, everyone has a hair trigger reaction to everything.
Makes sense.

My question is, who the f*** is Nick Alberga?

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
I mean I don't think it would surprise anyone, but can we wait for an actual reputable source to report this? So far we have some random guy on Twitter, and some second hand comments from Ferraro. We don't even have Ferraro's actual quote.
Perhaps that random tweet comes from...

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Hey man, as long as you're here to remind us what a good poster is.

You do realise the biggest building block in a rebuild is a teams 1st, right?

You can keep being positive, for whatever reason, but it's not realistic

Listen bud, I never said anything about ‘good posters’, and a single 1st round pick that we have no idea where it will land is not the biggest building block (you of course have dubbed it a top pick because it suits your misery).

I know I’d take Duchene over next years first every day of the week. We have a ton of young talent, Duchene, Stone, and a 4OA this year.

Honestly, you mock me for being positive while you’re ‘realistic’, but you’re really not, you’re just blinded by your own bleak outlook, making everything the worst it could possibly be. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
You know what I did with my last Algebra test? I took a shit on it before putting it on fire. We should do the same to this thread.

Lock her up!

Reactions: Hutz

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Good. He's not worth the money we would throw at him. The writing was on the wall at the end of the season. His salary can help us fill holes in our lineup. Give Stone the C. Sign Duchene. Build around Chabot on D.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Good. He's not worth the money we would throw at him. The writing was on the wall at the end of the season. His salary can help us fill holes in our lineup. Give Stone the C. Sign Duchene. Build around Chabot on D.
Duchene is gone and have fun negotiating with Stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad