Status
Not open for further replies.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I'm going to stay tuned, and I won't change that dial from mikecairns

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Hope Tampa holds off and Karlsson just signs with them as a RFA after next season. Maybe Karlsson lets everyone know he's not going to do a new contract until he after next season and wants to test the market. Would be great.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yeah I don't care until I hear something from Bobby, Friedman, Dreger, or one of our guys.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Hope Tampa holds off and Karlsson just signs with them as a RFA after next season. Maybe Karlsson lets everyone know he's not going to do a new contract until he after next season and wants to test the market. Would be great.

Too risky for Karlsson IMO. First of all he'd be stuck in a horrible team and bad organisation for another year and in worst case scenario, risk an injury. I'd think his best interest would be to move on as soon as possible and sign a new contract.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yep would be ,just about as great as him playing out his contract year with us until the TDL,in which we move him to the highest bidder as a rental...And keep out of the basement

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
This doesn't say that a trade is happening. This very well could mean that it means Tampa is officially out of the running. This is a pretty vague tweet.

This is true. Although, "getting close to a conclusion" implies a trade. I mean, if Yzerman is indeed "out of the running" you just wouldn't hear anything about it. Not to mention, he could always circle back if Dorion keeps striking out elsewhere. I doubt there would be a concrete, "We have no interest in trading for Erik Karlsson" proclamation from Tampa. But, nothing would surprise me at this point lol.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
The conlcusion mikecairns speaks of is this: There is a brand new mystery front runner in the Karlsson sweepstakes, and it's VGK!

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Tampa finally complete manage to clear cap space so the deal can go through?

DON'T DRIVE AND CHECK TWEET UPDATES INVOLVING KARLSSON

200.gif

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
To the leafs Unsigned for

Gardiner
Carrick
2019 1st round pick
Wow.How low can we go.I think the Sens would rather just let Karlsson go for free than take this underwhelming/low ball offer.

Reactions: Deku

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
If this was really on the table there would have been a trade already. There's no need to overpay like this

Overpay? lol. Gardiner is brutal. The Sens have an emerging "better Gardiner" and his name is Thomas Chabot. Carrick is a nice player and a 1st from Toronto is probably 25th or later.

Foote, Cirelli, Raddysh, 1st blows that offer out of the water. In 3 years, when Ottawa is getting a lot better, Foote is going to be 3x the player Jake "I'm an absolute nightmare in my own zone" Gardiner is.

Reactions: AndreRoy

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
Overpay? lol. Gardiner is brutal. The Sens have an emerging "better Gardiner" and his name is Thomas Chabot. Carrick is a nice player and a 1st from Toronto is probably 25th or later.

Foote, Cirelli, Raddysh, 1st blows that offer out of the water. In 3 years, when Ottawa is getting a lot better, Foote is going to be 3x the player Jake "I'm an absolute nightmare in my own zone" Gardiner is.
Pretty sure he forgot the :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad