Status
Not open for further replies.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Just thought of this. Why no tesla? EK not a forward thinker?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Pros:

+naturally aspirated (bonus points!)
+really, really good performance figures especially when compared to some hypercars but at a much lower cost

Cons:

-least exciting looking lambo...ever?
-fuel consumption figures suggest Karlsson will spend the rest of his natural life at the gas pumps fueling up

I like the Huracan, but I would take an AMG GT-S myself, can't wait to see that one. And which player gets it. I know Robin Lehner has a beastly CLS63, so who knows...

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
One benefit of the MacLean firing was Karlsson smartening right up. I was concerned with Karlsson playing only as a rover: fishing for pucks that he had no business attempting and always pinching. His pivoting has improved to handle attacking forwards better as well.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Not a hater...loved Karlsson since junior, etc. ...

Ovie made Karlsson look like a Pee Wee a few times last game and Karlsson WAS out of sorts as well as out of position for most of the goals against last night. It is crazy how hyper sensitive people are about him. This isn't the main board so nobody here is trying to make him sound like a bad player but it really is his defense and what appears to be lackadaisical approach to it from time to time that will consistently give his critics ammunition.

He was walked by that scrub that scored his first goal in 36 games or whatever last night as well.

He is great and I love him and called him winning a Norris eventually during his rookie year plus a bought and autographed jersey so my money is where my mouth is but it is OK to make an honest assessment.

Pointing out area of improvement does not take away from his areas of excellence.

Yeah...Ovechkin is pretty good. Players will always win some and lose some. Most players lose more than they win against Ovi. Most players lose more than they win against Karlsson too.

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
Did any other D lead his team in scoring? Faulk was at one point but Staal passed him.

OEL led his team in both points AND goals (43, 23). I wonder when the last time that happened. Not to discredit him at all but the Yotes were terrible this year. Yandle was only 2 points off matching him and he played the last 21 games of his season in New York. Come to think of it, has a team ever had its top two scorers be defence men?

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Yeah...Ovechkin is pretty good. Players will always win some and lose some. Most players lose more than they win against Ovi. Most players lose more than they win against Karlsson too.

That was just a recent example. Did you read my post and genuinely believe I am basing this discussion off of one game? As I said...hyper sensitive.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I hope he wins the Norris. But who cares? Even Erik?

We gots us some playoffs now. Better then any individual trophy and where you get to start legends. 16 wins is the story now.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
Just curious..

what do you guys think of Karlsson's skating? Is it back to what it was before the Achilles injury? He's always flying out there so I can't tell anymore whether it's at the level it was during his Norris year or if it's still a little bit slower than that..

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Just curious..

what do you guys think of Karlsson's skating? Is it back to what it was before the Achilles injury? He's always flying out there so I can't tell anymore whether it's at the level it was during his Norris year or if it's still a little bit slower than that..

He still has trouble pivoting from back to front again so forwards can take advantage if they time it right going to the outside on him.

Everything else seems pretty good.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
He still has trouble pivoting from back to front again so forwards can take advantage if they time it right going to the outside on him.

Everything else seems pretty good.

IMO his pivots were almost 100% back to normal but last week or so I believe he's been injured and thus the pivots more noticeable such as vs Washington and Pitts.

If only his pivots are an issue I have no worries. He can be the difference maker in the series, Price or no Price.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
His speed is still very good, even if I don't think its quite what it used to be. Its the improvement of his skating strength that's really been the difference, IMO.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I don't think there has been much talk, perhaps because everyone is focussed on the push to the playoffs...something has to be said about the leadership of Karlsson who led on the ice and in the room. This is a huge moment for the captain, not just the player. To be at the helm of something as incredible as this stretch says a lot!

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Just curious..

Nope. Not back to pre-achilles. But among the best skaters in the world still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad