Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread | Part IV | Foot Surgery Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Brassard now Karlsson might miss the start of the season... The cost of a long run, the sens are going to have to overachieve to start the season if they are going to make the playoffs.

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
I sense that for the most part, when doctors estimates how long for an injury to heal, it almost always heals faster and the player is coming back earlier than projected. Erik is a quick healer so I assume he is back when league starts.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Is it safe to assume that next season will probably not be one of Karlsson's best, given the fact that he will not be able to wirk during the season or have a real pre-season either?

Perhaps ready to shine around Jan-Feb, which is too late to get another Norris.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Is it safe to assume that next season will probably not be one of Karlsson's best, given the fact that he will not be able to wirk during the season or have a real pre-season either?

Perhaps ready to shine around Jan-Feb, which is too late to get another Norris.

Karlsson doesn't need pre-season, nor training camp to display his excellence.

He'll be even better next season.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Didn't realize this but with Chris Neil's impending departure, Karlsson is officially the longest tenured active sens player, having been with the team since 2009-2010.

Hope it stays that way for the foreseeable future...

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
I think Dorion is being smart to be opening up room to sign Karlsson at 11 million + per year.

Conor is shooting the team in the foot because he is not nearly as valuable as Karlsson is.

A guy that plays half the game and does it on all ends. Well pay Erik gladly and it will ve worth it.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think Dorion is being smart to be opening up room to sign Karlsson at 11 million + per year.

Conor is shooting the team in the foot because he is not nearly as valuable as Karlsson is.

A guy that plays half the game and does it on all ends. Well pay Erik gladly and it will ve worth it.

Wait Conor isn't as valuable? He led the league in scoring in his 2nd season, how is he not as valuable & I would argue he is more valuable playing centre. This owner wouldn't pay Alfredsson a lot less & he left for Detroit.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

I adore Erik, but a generational center will always have a bigger impact than a generational defensemen. It's just the nature of the two positions.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Brassard now Karlsson might miss the start of the season... The cost of a long run, the sens are going to have to overachieve to start the season if they are going to make the playoffs.

I think most teams will get off to slow start in the Atlantic.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
I adore Erik, but a generational center will always have a bigger impact than a generational defensemen. It's just the nature of the two positions.

McD is spectacular. But EK isn't just another great defenceman. He's the heart of Ottawa's offence as well as one of the league's elite defenders. And he plays close to 30 minutes of every game. No centre does that.

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
100% why do you think that so many people actually think that Bobby Orr was the best ever?

Not saying I believe this because its too hard to judge. Different eras and the competition was not the same. but in this case.

karlsson is on the ice for more, is the offensive catalyst as well as the defensive one, is in charge of stopping to other teams top players.

He blocks more, stays back yet drives the entire offense.

9.9 times out of 10 a center is more valuable than a defenseman but not in these cases the defenseman is more valuable than any centre could be.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
A small little treat from a Tampa Bay fan who loves Hedman but thinks EK is the best defenseman in the league right now and should have definitely won the Norris. :nod:

Here's two good friends acting like adorable little boys before an interview with Swedish media. One of our TBL board Swedes translated it for us.

Enjoy!! :D

Need a translation please!

That with Hedman and Karlsson was hysterical, I did my best to translate it but it wasn't easy since it's hard to translate jokes but it was a fun interview done with two guys that get along really well and everything that was said was in good fun.

--------------------

Interviewer: You need to sit the same way.
Karlsson: He's wearing a suit. *points that the interviewer* take of your suit and give it to me.

Something I'm struggling to hear.

Interviewer to Hedman: Just wear the shirt.
Hedman: What?
Interviewer: You should just wear your shirt.
Hedman: Sould I just wear my shirt? Ok.
Interviewer: You'll look more relaxed.
Karlsson: Yeah you will. And then you can take of your broken watch.
Hedman *looks at his watch*: I'm going to send it in now.
Karlsson: After three years?
Hedman: What do you mean "after three years"?
Karlsson: It's been broken for three year. That button have been gone for two years.
Hedman: No
Karlsson: Yes.
Hedman: No, I haven't even had it for two years.
Karlsson: Yes, you've had it for over two years.

*Hedman sits down again*

Karlsson: Is it the Olympic watch? no wait you weren't there.
Interviewer: Ohhhh.
Karlsson: Right. It's still insane that you weren't.
Interviewer: Weird mood now.

*lots of laughs*

Karlsson: You got the visor there *points at his scar* you look damn tough now.

*Hedman touching Karlsson's leg*

Hedman: Should we just sit like this?
Interviewer: All cozy.
Karlsson: I should have taken one of my morphine pills before this.
Hedman: You'll take one tonight.
Karlsson: Every night.
Interviewer: Ok, we're ready for the interview now, so can you both clap.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
A small little treat from a Tampa Bay fan who loves Hedman but thinks EK is the best defenseman in the league right now and should have definitely won the Norris. :nod:

Here's two good friends acting like adorable little boys before an interview with Swedish media. One of our TBL board Swedes translated it for us.

Enjoy!! :D

Thanks for posting.

But the jokes about morphine pills every night sound as though Karlsson was still in a lot of pain.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Thanks for posting.

But the jokes about morphine pills every night sound as though Karlsson was still in a lot of pain.

My pleasure, ExpansionBros! :D

But yeah, poor guy must be hurting. :(

Testament to his strength of will and warrior spirit that he made it through the playoffs as amazingly as he did with all the injuries. I was glad to finally get a chance to watch him play other than just against us. I then looked back through some highlights and grew to appreciate him even more.

May he heal quickly and completely!

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Thanks for posting.

It could just be that he's really uncomfortable when he tries to sleep. If he was in a lot of pain, he'd be taking them day & night.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
EK re-tweeted the Cap rant by Lebron, anyone who thinks he's going to sign for a home town discount is out to lunch. He already did that and got rewarded with every player he liked on the team getting traded or purposefully leaving.

Dorion said last night he will never trade EK, he'll be haunted by those words because he may be back on july 5 next year trading EK because he won't have the $$$ to sign him.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
EK re-tweeted the Cap rant by Lebron, anyone who thinks he's going to sign for a home town discount is out to lunch. He already did that and got rewarded with every player he liked on the team getting traded or purposefully leaving.

Dorion said last night he will never trade EK, he'll be haunted by those words because he may be back on july 5 next year trading EK because he won't have the $$$ to sign him.

With Price getting 8 X 10.5 AAV Dorion should start talking to him now about an extension. He will not take less imo. Got 84M Eugene? Maybe Karlsson will change his number to 84 :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad