Erik Karlsson - Crosby is a fair player

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
He doesnt want to stir the sh.. but Everybody knows around the league
Nuts slashes just to mention ...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Really not sure how much I can get out of a Google translated quote...

In the end though, what's he going to say in the middle of a series? Crosby is a whiny diver? A Dirty so and so? Nope.

Canned response is all you'll get regardless of his actual opinion. Maybe this is how he actually feels, don't know, don't care.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Haven't there been a lot of players who have called Crosby out? I'm sure Dubinsky has. Hartnell probably.

Hot feelings though. Maybe he's a little biased when it comes to Crosby.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Crosby dishes it out from time to time - the nut shots earlier in the season were definitely dirty, for instance - but he also gets manhandled a LOT and very rarely does anything significant come of it. So while he's definitely not gonna win the Lady Byng anytime soon, I think "fair" is a reasonable assessment.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Really not sure how much I can get out of a Google translated quote...

In the end though, what's he going to say in the middle of a series? Crosby is a whiny diver? A Dirty so and so? Nope.

Canned response is all you'll get regardless of his actual opinion. Maybe this is how he actually feels, don't know, don't care.

Excellent sources. :laugh:

"He broke my stick with the back of his neck!" - Dubinsky

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Karlsson generally gracious when asked about other players. He said crosbys slash on methot was run-of-the-mill stick check that went wrong, defends PK against detractors. I think the only player he's treated with contempt is Matt Cooke *ptui*.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Karlsson generally gracious when asked about other players. He said crosbys slash on methot was run-of-the-mill stick check that went wrong, defends PK against detractors. I think the only player he's treated with contempt is Matt Cooke *ptui*.

That guy deserved a lot more of a verbal smackdown

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Oh please, almost every NHL player is dirty. It's practically the nature of the sport. A game going at blazing speeds where grown men have sticks in their hands and are allowed physical contact will not be clean. Can you name one player who doesn't slash, punches during scrums, or put his glove in other players' faces?

I haven't seen a single NHL player who wasn't "dirty". I call that normal. Dirty are the ones who deliberately intend to injure other players or really go overboard. Crosby is one of many players to slash people frequently.

Last edited:

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Oh please, almost every NHL player is dirty. It's practically the nature of the sport. A game going at blazing speeds where grown man have sticks in their hands and are allowed physical contact will not be clean. Can you name one player who doesn't slash, punches during scrums, or put his glove in other players' faces?

I haven't seen a single NHL player who wasn't "dirty". I call that normal. Dirty are the ones who deliberately intend to injure other players or really go overboard. Crosby is one of many players to slash people frequently.

Thank you.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Not everyone is dirty. That's unfair. Honestly Bergeron never plays dirty despite being in Boston. He didn't suddenly become a different player like Horton did.

Crosby has a temper. He gets emotional. Part of what makes him great.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Not everyone is dirty. That's unfair. Honestly Bergeron never plays dirty despite being in Boston. He didn't suddenly become a different player like Horton did.

Yeah because Bergeron never punches players or takes part in scrums. He always quietly skates away and doesn't take part in anything. Even Datsyuk who won I don't know how many Lady Bing trophies would get involved in post-whistle scrimmage and whack people's mitts. Don't kid yourself.

They are not dirty, they just do what 99.99% of NHL players do.

It's like the old saying goes. If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying to win.

Last edited:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
In this thread we identify those who believe "It is okay when my player does it but it is not okay when your player does it".

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Oh please, almost every NHL player is dirty. It's practically the nature of the sport. A game going at blazing speeds where grown man have sticks in their hands and are allowed physical contact will not be clean. Can you name one player who doesn't slash, punches during scrums, or put his glove in other players' faces?

This post should be stickied

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement

LOL

Bergeron uses the stick a lot and probably crosschecks 5x a game. Get real bro, especially as a centerman he has to stick check the opposing center and, having played center at a high level, a lot of lil dirty love taps happen during faceoffs, and Bergy is just one of the best at that. Those things aren't called because they aren't result of maligned intent but they are still crosscheks in the arm or slashes on the wrist or calf. IMO Crosby isn't dirtier than Bergeron, but everything he does is magnified x10 times because he is the league's best player. Also, a crosscheck in the arms, where there is no protection, hurts a lot. When you play center you receive those every games, and you learn to dish 'em as well.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Haven't there been a lot of players who have called Crosby out? I'm sure Dubinsky has. Hartnell probably.

Hot feelings though. Maybe he's a little biased when it comes to Crosby.

Crosby is probably the most targeted player in the league however when he pushes back people cry that he is dirty.

Tell me Dubinsky hasnt played dirty against Crosby over the years.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
He didn't say he was a clean player. Crosby just knows what he can get away with just like any other player.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Good for Karlsson to say this. I have nothing but respect for Crosby, he really is the best player in the league.

Rinkrat

Feb 11, 2007
I'd say Crosby is a bit dirty ... and good on him. With all the crap the elite players have to skate through I don't blame him for trying to create a little space for himself. As the one poster above already stated, it's the hacks who go out to injure other players as a matter of policy that need to be dealt with. Not the stars who are trying to skate through that crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad