Erik Karlsson Appreciation Thread: Pure Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

SENSability

Oct 13, 2017
It hurts too much to watch these clips. I can't believe he's gone. How can you NOT want to build your team around this man? How can he NOT be a part of the future plans? It completely boggles the mind . . . but then you remember who owns this team. Melnykout.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Callum. Fraser's video brought my son to tears. To paraphrase Alain Prost - " Sports, sometimes, also is this" .

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Anyone remember this game? It was televised nationally on TSN so it was an opportunity to prove to the NHL of his new absolute stardom. It probably played a part in winning the Norris.

Pre-achilles he was so fast.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
JpSGD1

JpSGD1

Last edited:

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
As great as Karlsson has been, the rest of the league really found out in 2016-2017 what type of player he is. Despite 2 Norrises.

Out of market fans have no idea about Karlsson circa Cooke. They are saying those things about McDavid now, what we used to say about our star young defenceman then.

The best is yet to come.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Something I don't see mentioned enough about Karlsson is his superhuman resilience and toughness. Mental and physical.

He's had so much shit thrown at him in such a young career and is still one of the most illustrious players in history.

An amazing ambassador for the game.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Something I don't see mentioned enough about Karlsson is his superhuman resilience and toughness. Mental and physical.

He's had so much **** thrown at him in such a young career and is still one of the most illustrious players in history.

An amazing ambassador for the game.
Agreed. I remember when the Sens drafted him as a skinny teenager, the common refrain was that he'd get crushed in the NHL.

He's given out way more damaging hits than he has taken and has always been one tough SOB, playing through injuries for his teammates.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I will always remember Erik for how he was with Jonathan Pitre. Every time they met there was as much love on Erik’s face as Jonathan’s.

Thank you Erik for being an amazing human being. (Now go hoist that dam cup, make Ottawa proud)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad