Erik Karlsson - 23 games, 2 goals, 15pts. -6

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
Karlsson is stupid special. He's your best player by far you will see, just give it time.

Even if and when he loses a step he will still be your best player because its his hockey IQ and passing, ability to make a play and his ability to be at his best under the most pressured filled situations that sets him apart. He proved that speed is not his biggest asset when he carried the Sens on a broken foot to one goal of the cup finals.

I think he's really struggling to adjust emotionally more than anything and its affecting his play. The last time I saw him struggling like this was when he was going through his divorce.

I think his heart was and probably still is a bit in Ottawa. You have to understand that he was to Ottawa what Lebron James was to the Cavs except Karlsson wanted to stay.

Erik and Melinda walked on water in Ottawa. I am not exaggerating they were/are still royalty are yet they still have the ability to live somewhat a normal life. I am sure he misses that some as well as that comfort of being a veteran there.

In San Jose its definitely different. This is not his team and its definitely an adjustment.

Once he figures it out he will be the best player on the ice period 8-9 out of 10 games consistently.

He's also always been a bit ot a slow starter but this slow start is different.

It will be interesting to see if he stays.

Reactions: dim jim

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
If one game is heating up, alright, he’s heating up.

I guess -30 degrees to -25 is improvement.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Yikes, I can almost take my gloves off ;)

He is heating up!
Well sure. Based on your parameters of a one game heating rate, by it actually being three games, indeed your gloves and maybe toque could be making their way into your pocket. :D

Reactions: TMLeafs17

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Five pts in last three games. Which, no matter what, is definitely not one game.

So maybe it’s gone from -30 degrees to -10.

Heating up.
Interestingly coinciding with 2 points for burns in his last 5.

Mike Lowry

Feb 23, 2018
Terrible first dozen games - "too small a sample size. Need more time to judge" - fanbois

1 good game - "he's the best D in the league (even though like the goof in Nashville, he's a 2nd pairing guy)" - same fanbois

He is very offensively talented, but he's still a nightmare in his own end and won't be apart of SJ's possible success since he won't be on the ice when it's time to protect leads in big games. But sure glad we have media types who have never owned a pair of skates the chance to vote on who the best are.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Karlsson always starts off slow then goes full God mode. By the end of the year he will be up there for top defensemen as per usual

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Glad to see him playing well again. People are very quick to dismiss players with a proven track record. Although I miss him not playing for the Sens, wish him best of luck in SJ. Will definitely be rooting for them in the playoffs.

This extends not just to Karlsson but to all truly elite superstar players. These guys sometimes struggle but you can’t write one of them off after just 20 games. It’s very hard not to; 20 games is a long period of time, which spans the course of at least 1200 hockey minutes, and about a month and a half in real life. When you see a player struggle for that time frame, it can leave you convinced that they will never be the same.

I tried to tell this to my fellow Sharks fans a little while ago by using the analogy of Brent Burns’ horrid first 20 games of the season last year. Burns had 0 goals, 8 assists, and a -6 rating. Not far off from Karlsson’s 0 goals, 10 assists, and -9 rating. Burns finished the season with 67 points and was great for us in the 2nd half and the playoffs. Karlsson will almost certainly do the same.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Terrible first dozen games - "too small a sample size. Need more time to judge" - fanbois

1 good game - "he's the best D in the league (even though like the goof in Nashville, he's a 2nd pairing guy)" - same fanbois

He is very offensively talented, but he's still a nightmare in his own end and won't be apart of SJ's possible success since he won't be on the ice when it's time to protect leads in big games. But sure glad we have media types who have never owned a pair of skates the chance to vote on who the best are.
"A nightmare in his own end." Sure buddy. Great analysis.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006

Clearly, you haven't followed him enough in his career. He's most definitely out there in the last minute of crucial playoff games in his career. April/May of 2017 wasn't that long ago.

strandvag

Feb 14, 2014
Stockholm/San Diego
I mean. I have watched Most of his games this season. He hasnt been ”horrible” by Any means. He just havent lived up to the Karlsson standard we have been used to until now.

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017

More like:

Terrible first dozen games - "too small a sample size. Just be patient, you'll see what he can really do pretty soon"

Three good games - "see? He's starting to look like himself again. Expect much more of this".

He is the best defenceman in the game. SJ will not be disappointed in his play by year's end.

Reactions: triggrman

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Or, more positively, what happens when they both go boom at the same time? I mean, it's not exactly like they're opponents. Even further, what happens when they get great chemistry on the PP?

How we haven't figured it out with them both on the PP is beyond me.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
More like:

Terrible first dozen games - "too small a sample size. Just be patient, you'll see what he can really do pretty soon"

Three good games - "see? He's starting to look like himself again. Expect much more of this".

He is the best defenceman in the game. SJ will not be disappointed in his play by year's end.
I would say they were closer to unlucky games than terrible games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad