Erik Karlsson - 23 games, 2 goals, 15pts. -6

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
I think everybody who follow hockey even a bit expected him to get going at some point.

A lot of posts in this thread are evidence that that is not true. The amount of people proclaiming that he's now on longer one of the elites, and that signing him would be a waste, or that speed was the only reason he was as good as he was, it's pretty insane.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Anyone who looked at underlying stats beyond points and plus minus should have seen this coming.

literally said about the sharks in general every year lately. personally i'd rather the points AND the underlyings be there.

Because there is a back to back and he already plays more than 20 a game usually. No point of putting him out there when we're up 4-0. The last 6 min our 4th line played the most minutes and its not because they were the best offensively or defensively all night. Along with Tim Heed who saw a strong uptick in minutes at that point also.

When PDB is playing TIM HEED at the end of the game, he's basically gone home for the night. lol

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Crazy how money people wanted to see him fail lol

I never got the mindset of hating the best players in the world. People really need to appreciate talent and not let tribalism hamper their ability to enjoy players like McDavid, Crosby, and Karlsson.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Crazy how money people wanted to see him fail lol

I never got the mindset of hating the best players in the world. People really need to appreciate talent and not let tribalism hamper their ability to enjoy players like McDavid, Crosby, and Karlsson.

I personally didn't use to like Crosby and Karlsson when they were young, being opposing players and all, but I've grown to respect them and now cheer for them.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Anyone with hockey IQ would of seen this drop off happen. He is no longer the centerpiece and driving force of 95% of the offense like he was in Ottawa.

Reactions: Hagstrom

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
A lot of posts in this thread are evidence that that is not true. The amount of people proclaiming that he's now on longer one of the elites, and that signing him would be a waste, or that speed was the only reason he was as good as he was, it's pretty insane.

Claims based on 1 game are though HF favourite.

The best D-man in the league in his prime won't go away that easily.

stopclickbait

Aug 28, 2018
Wait you mean he was playing great all along and he finally started producing points, next you will tell me NYI aren't that good and are riding a hot start and will eventually fall to the bottom of the standings lol

Last edited:

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Its crazy how beyond the initial drought him and burns are in lockstep in team impact, raw individual numbers like takeaways, giveaways, chances created etc.

For almost 40 min a night 5v5. One of these guys is tilting the ice against you.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
He was benched the last 6 minutes though.

They were up 4-0 in a blowout game against a team that was gooning it up and they had another game in <24 hours. Bobby Orr and Wayne Gretzky would get benched in the same situations.

It’s now clear that you want to see him fail. Sad!

Reactions: Phu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad