Player Discussion Erik Haula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 19 min

Mike Rupp leading the team for personal reasons; Erik Haula recalled. This has been in the works all days. More later #mnwild
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 5 min

Rupp will be away from #mnwild for a few days. Haula was in town for Thanksgiving. Equipment had to be shipped up. (1/2)

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 5 min

Yeo will let us know in a half hour if Erik Haula will make his NHL debut. #mnwild obviously needs a 2nd line center, so we'll see

Thought this deserved its own thread. Very interesting to see how Haula does.

He will wear #56.

Ifgn7rR.png

Also:

http://instagram.com/p/hT8Bxdt0f8/#

Last edited by a moderator:

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
excited to see him play if he does tonight. i love the fact that his stats indicate he just gets better year after year.

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
Played with him when we were little kids and were pretty much best friends. Have to watch the game ! :)

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
Avs fan coming in peace.. I think you guys have something with this kid. He looked extremely good tonight for his first game.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Hell of a first game. If he can keep this up, I think it spells the end of Brodziak, which a lot of folks have been predicting.

I think he'll be a great 3rd line center. Some offensive skill -- but not consistent top-6, especially with Granlund, Coyle and Koivu all potentially top-6 centers -- and a solid two-way game.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Hell of a first game. If he can keep this up, I think it spells the end of Brodziak, which a lot of folks have been predicting.

I think he'll be a great 3rd line center. Some offensive skill -- but not consistent top-6, especially with Granlund, Coyle and Koivu all potentially top-6 centers -- and a solid two-way game.

I agree with this.

As much as I love Brodziak's defensive capabilities, I am extremely tired of seeing him one on one with the goalie multiple times a season only to come up empty every single time. Or one on one with a defender and he loses the puck.

He's a great defensive player but a third liner now has to have much more offensive capabilities. A few years ago he looked like he was developing some, but recently it's just been nothing. Extremely frustrating.

Haula? I really enjoyed his game today. He was all over the place, in a good way, and looked like he could be a very responsible offensive guy when he develops more. I did not see much of him defensive-wise, but I saw that Yeo played him on the PK at one point(if not more?) so good for him.

Hope to see him stick for the duration of Granlund's absence.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
I know it's just one game, but Haula showed more than most of our prospects have. Coyle and Granlund aren't centers. Haula is.

Billy Mays Here*

Not quite as dynamic with the puck as Granlund, but he's got pretty good passing skills in his own right and gets a little physical too. I like it.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
He was pretty sharp during preseason. Very noticeable. For starters, he's got some wheels. It's good to see him stand out and not be intimidated during his debut tonight.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Avs fan coming in peace.. I think you guys have something with this kid. He looked extremely good tonight for his first game.

Just wanted to second this. The avs have a tendency to give guys their first NHL goals, and given how good he looked with nino today I'm expecting the kid to pot one in the second game.

Y'all really do have a sweet young core up front to go with parise and koivu.

tikkanen5rings*

He'll be another Niklas Hagman.
Good catch for a 7th rounder.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
When Grandelholm returns, I wouldn't mind seeing..

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Nino - Grandelholm - Pominville
Heatley - Haula - Fontaine
Cooke - Brodziak - Mitchell

That is if Haula keeps it up. That would give us 3 scoring lines and one solid shutdown line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad