Player Discussion Erik Gustafsson: The "Don't Panic, It's Not Gudbranson" Edition

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
though now, we are perftectly positioned.
Gave no assets
We lose first round to leafs , bye bye MB
We shock the leafs in round 1, we have bragging rights and we beat the second coming team that many in to want the cup handed to them already

Win win if you ask me

Reactions: Surfer72

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Wny his last game was March 31 ?
Injured ? Covid ? Healthy scratch ?
Because this kid might be the worst defensive player to have ever played in the NHL...no, this isn't an over-reaction or hyperbole...this kid can't defend...if he sees time 5 vs 5, be prepared for some of the worst defending you've ever seen...Drou Drou would be better on the back end...

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
So we have forwards who can’t play offense and defensemen that can’t play defense? This is going to be epic!

Well, the team's biggest issue (outside of terrible special teams, which is part lack of elite forwards and part Luke Richardson) was that they had no D-man outside of Mete that could move the puck reliably. Gustafsson can definitely do that, but he's defence optional.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
How many years left on his contract? For that other guy too. Are they both pending UFAs?

Both UFA this year.

MB threw low picks at garbage in the hope it will makes the team current garbage better without impacting the future.

Chance of that happening is zero. Merril can take Weber's PK minutes and this one Weber's PP minutes, but that's about it...but you don't run with 10 forwards and 8 Ds so...

Reactions: Habs13

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
nothing to be mad.

Our D core is horrible, those 2 trades improved bottom D with small cost.

Merrill + Gustafsson > than Mete + Kulak

Yeah, it's pretty much nothing moves but it helps the team a little, probably.
MB is basically buying time until some D prospect is ready for the NHL

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Both UFA this year.

MB threw low picks at garbage in the hope it will makes the team current garbage better without impacting the future.

Chance of that happening is zero. Merril can take Weber's PK minutes and this one Weber's PP minutes, but that's about it...but you don't run with 10 forwards and 8 Ds so...
Why are you talking about running 8 D ? Maybe 7d with Gustafsson but Merill take Kulak place and Kulak is scratch

Beendair Donedat

Don’t be a Jimmy Juice Arse
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Why are you talking about running 8 D ? Maybe 7d with Gustafsson but Merill take Kulak place and Kulak is scratch

He’s saying one guy can do one job adequately (Merrill PK) and one guy can do another job adequately (Gus PP) but you can’t have 8 defensemen on the roster at a time.

Maybe Garbagevin is planning on fusing them together somehow to max their respective strengths.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Lots of Habs fans wanted Gustafsson in the not so distant past.
I have no idea why...all you need to do is watch this kid play for more than 5 minutes and you see how terrible he is when the puck isn't on his stick in the offensive zone...and don't expect him to go get it, it needs to be on a plate for him...I'd take Mete in a heartbeat, honestly...

guapo23

Sep 30, 2005
I don't think he is comparable to MAB. He is 6 foot tall and 195 lbs. Surely he can't be that bad defensively

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Didn’t Merrill play W for VGK - wonder if they dress both Gustafsson & Merrill and play the latter for DZone starts?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I have no idea why...all you need to do is watch this kid play for more than 5 minutes and you see how terrible he is when the puck isn't on his stick in the offensive zone...and don't expect him to go get it, it needs to be on a plate for him...I'd take Mete in a heartbeat, honestly...

Mete is f***ing useless with or without the puck, though.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Me: Not doing anything for a complete week of "work".
My boss: Hey! Monstro! You **** you did not do **** this week you're fired.
Me: But boss it did not cost you anything.
My boss: It cost me your salary dumb ***.
Me: Yes, but i did not f*** it up so the net result of my week of "work" not doing anything is neutral.
My boss: That makes sense you're not fired anymore i'll extend your contract for another 5 years.
I don't think your boss would appreciate you ridiculing him on a public forum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad