Player Discussion Erik Gudbranson (D) to Sens for 5th round pick - PART II

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I didnt watch him play in Anaheim or Pittsburgh, but feel like I remember him being at least "serviceable" for Vancouver? Maybe that was a misread?

Vancouver fans are harder on Gudbranson than anyone. In the immediate post-trade to Ottawa discussions, they were not very glowing about him.

Supposedly he did play better in Anaheim and Pittsburgh, but the comments made by Canucks fans are fairly reflective of what we are seeing. "Pylon", was the most common descriptor.

It doesn't help that he always sucks against them too.

He's got a great heart and competes hard and I love how he stands up for his teammates but he gets beat cleanly all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuhrious

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
IF we could get a 5th back for him at the TDL, that would be at least something. Hopefully Dorion can find a better player to fill his spot for next year. Let's hope & see what happens.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
The one thing he does provide is an element of toughness and the other guys that can provide that on our roster/taxi squad are similar caliber...there are tough D who can skate too, let's start there when we look to replace them.

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
As a bottom pairing D with PK time I’d be fine with him. He does get exposed from faster players though. I think he’s a great leader and I know he’s a quality person. I find his straight ahead speed is fine, it’s more of his pivots that he gets burned on.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Gudbranson would be a solid player if he could skate and was more mobile. He can't keep up with the play most of the time. Love his physicality but if there is someone at the deadline that needs him for a 5th or 6th rounder. Make the trade.

Also if he could make a pass or hit the net with a shot.

He's great at everything else tho!

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Dorion should retain 50% and try to move him for someone like Demers or literally anybody else. If he stays here, there's a risk of him signing an extension. Sure he can come back in ufa, but maybe a change of scenery will keep him away

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
By far one of the worst head on one v one defenders ive seen. Opponent gets past every. Single. Time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad