Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Bolts would be looking to add a defenseman not subtract a good one lol

Bolts would be looking to add a defenseman not subtract a good one lol

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Would Ana have interest in gudas for jeannot or perbix?
Ducks need to ADD at least 1 RHD. Gudas is the only one on the roster for next season. Ideally, Anaheim could move Fowler for a similar RHD (30+ year old #2/3 with 1-2 years left on their contract) or move a younger LHD for a young RHD (LaCombe or Vaakanainen, not Mintyukov or Zellweger). Ducks could also go the UFA option for Pesce or Roy, Luneau is the only real RHD prospect in the system, and he's a year away maybe so it's not like anyone will be blocked.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I don’t know how they sign stammer to a deal and make their roster work.

Pieces have to go. Idk if that’s 2-3 smaller ones or 1 big one
They probably don't. Or certainly not at his current cap hit anyway. I expect they will take the 8M in cap space and try to find a couple of depth guys to make up the difference. The Lightning still have the most important pieces of the Stanley Cup core (Vasilevsky, Hedman, Kucherov, Point), Stamkos going and being replaced with a middle six forward and an upgrade on the blueline might be a better way to improve the team than re-signing Stamkos.

If Cernak is available, I think there would be probably 20 teams in the league who could use him. As an Oiler fan, I would be interested in him for sure.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Devils have a lot of work to do this offseason and trading for another RHD isn't very high on the
to-do list. Good player but not what they should be giving up assets for right now.

aylib

Mods are lame
Mar 26, 2002
St. Pete, FL
Assuming they bring back Stamkos, they really have no cap space to fix the rest of the roster. And they need another top 6 forward, a couple bottom six wingers, and a couple more competent puck moving dmen.

Cernak was pretty bad this year. Now could that just be due to Blashill being horrible and/or the injury to Sergachev and a revolving partner? who knows.

But if they had to move one of their bigger contracts to allocate that salary to get upgrades elsewhere, he would make the most sense. His physical game has lead to a lengthy list of injuries already that won't age well
Don't need more puck moving D. Already have Hedman, Serg and Raddysh to do that; might re-sign Fleury.
What TB needs on D is someone to play defense, so I doubt Cernak leaves, even if he is expensive.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
he's not. Some fans apparently were expecting him to be the pillar of this crap defense that we had without sergachev.
I'm surprised Hedman looked decent to be honest. Unfortunately aside from them the rest of the defense was catastrophic

Just wondering out loud because I think short of a final 4 appearance, the Leafs are in for a big trade. One within division seems wild to think of but Cooper loves Marner

Base idea was Marner and Liljegren for Cernak and Cirelli +/- on each side to get this deal close.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Just wondering out loud because I think short of a final 4 appearance, the Leafs are in for a big trade. One within division seems wild to think of but Cooper loves Marner

Base idea was Marner and Liljegren for Cernak and Cirelli +/- on each side to get this deal close.
Salary wise I think it's not feasible for us (maybe if Stammer did not extend)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad