News Article: Erik Cernak suspended 2 games for hit on Dahlin

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
DOPS is a joke. Bertuzzo is the kind of guy who shouldn't be allowed to play in today's NHL. If they only suspended a scumbag like him for 4 games after all the crap he's done over and over, you can't expect more than 2 games for what Cernak did to Dahlin.

Reactions: brian_griffin

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
This league is a f***ing joke. I love hockey, I know better than to make any sweeping statements regarding my support, but jesus do they make it tough. I don't like concussions. I don't like violence for the sake of violence. I think the league is better off if players get fewer concussions and injuries. The league does nothing to stop those concussions and injuries from happening. They face legal and financial threats as a result. Yet nothing happens.

Like, how f***ing basic does it have to be? Lafontaine, Lindros, Savard, Kariya, countless others, have we learned nothing? Dude, it's not good for the players, the league, or the league's image. Start handing out real suspensions ffs.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Risto got 3 games for hitting someone before the puck got there. Cernak plasters Eichel into the boards and he never had the puck, 0 games. Cernak throws a flying elbow to Dahlins head, 2 games. Honestly surprised the Patriots of the NHL got anything for hitting the lowly Sabres.

Eichel got 2 games for winning puck position as someone skated their face into his back. f***ing hate this league.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
How long is Dahlin going to out for?

Yeah, concussion protocol rules...... Cernak should be suspended until Dahlin returns.

This is how suspensions should work. If you intentionally injure a player, you sit out until the player you injured is healthy or for a minimum number of games, whichever is higher. That'll serve as a better deterrent for this type of behavior than the ineffectual crap DOPS is doing.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
This is how suspensions should work. If you intentionally injure a player, you sit out until the player you injured is healthy or for a minimum number of games, whichever is higher. That'll serve as a better deterrent for this type of behavior than the ineffectual crap DOPS is doing.

NHLPA would never buy into it however......

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
League sayings it ok to elbow people in the head. Go ahead knock out Crosby or whoever. You will get a little slap on the wrist as they deal with concussion symptoms for months. :thumbu: :sarcasm:

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I'm on the Lehner conspiracy train. Recent memory suspensions or lack thereof.

Kucherov = 0 games/0 penalty minutes for low-bridging Sobotka.
Cernak = 0 games/0 penalty minutes for boarding Eichel when he never touched the puck..BUT HEY NO HISTORY prior to the Dahlin hit.
Cernak= 2 games/0 penalty minutes for a flying elbow to Dahlin's head thus concussing him.
Hartnell = 0 games/5 penalty minutes for putting Antipin on a stretcher after plastering his face into the boards.
Gudas = 0 games/ 2 penalty minutes for an illegal headshot concussing Catenacci.

Risto = 3 games/10 minute misconduct+game, no prior history. no head contact, just hit him too early because Girgensons deflected the puck. Lehner - "If they reverse jersey's I don't think its 3 games."
Eichel = 2 games/2 penalty minutes, no prior history, star player, 2 games for winning a puck battle.
Then you have the era when they were trying to make an example out of us because we were a basement team. Kaleta 10 games, Myers 3 games..etc.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
FB_IMG_1574821285334.jpg

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm

That's best idea ive heard. If intentional your return mirrors the intentional non hockey injured players return... Its perfect the ultimate deterrent... Not that i believe it ever happens..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad