Erie Otters 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Anyone know how Gibbons has fared this season? There is virtually no reason to keep Lalonde next year.

OttersZone

Jul 1, 2022
Erie PA
Why isn’t Downey the starter? Anyone know why it’s always LaLonde in net every night. He continues to underperform and we should call up Gibbons. Unfortunately LaLonde might be as bad as Nichols last season

Reactions: Mata

OttersZone

Jul 1, 2022
Erie PA
One of the biggest issues of the last few years has been goaltending. We thought we finally had a star goalie in LaLonde and he’s had one of the biggest declines you can imagine. Here’s the total goalie stats

Erie Otters goaltending (2022-2023)

#79 N. LaLonde 29GP (7-15-3) 4.35GAA
0 SO .854SV%
#80 K. Downey 20GP (7-10-0)3.50GAA
0 SO .878SV%
#38 J. Gibbons 2GP (1-0-0) 3.24GAA 0 SO .875SV%
#34 M. Nicholls 6GP (1-3-2) 3.48GAA 0 SO .869SV%

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
One of the biggest issues of the last few years has been goaltending. We thought we finally had a star goalie in LaLonde and he’s had one of the biggest declines you can imagine. Here’s the total goalie stats

Erie Otters goaltending (2022-2023)

#79 N. LaLonde 29GP (7-15-3) 4.35GAA
0 SO .854SV%
#80 K. Downey 20GP (7-10-0)3.50GAA
0 SO .878SV%
#38 J. Gibbons 2GP (1-0-0) 3.24GAA 0 SO .875SV%
#34 M. Nicholls 6GP (1-3-2) 3.48GAA 0 SO .869SV%
I think we’ve needed a new goalie coach since 2015. We haven’t had a goalie with over .85-.89%. Atleast in the championship runs we’ve had a team to bail out the goaltending. We don’t have that high caliber talent anymore.

Not that that’s why we lost yesterday, because no one came to play.

Clear the house from the top down.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
I expect more from Lalonde. A signed NHL prospect

He played pretty well last season given the circumstances. It is like Columbus signed him and he forgot how to play hockey. So weird...

But believe us when we say, we expected to have a top 5 - 7 goalie in him heading into the season and our back-up in Downey is outplaying him.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
In fairness Friday nights game would have been way more out of hand if LaLonde hadn't made some of the high difficulty saves he did. We sit at that end and despite the Otters outshooting London in the first the quality of chances Lalonde faced were high risk almost every time. I think he prevented a 5 spot in the first period...

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Looked more like a team tonight.

Hope Cohen is okay. Thankfully the team is staying up north for the weekend and can check in with him.
I see Lukin and his dirty antics at it again. Knocked out Manikis last year and concussed him and no penalty on the hit. I see the refs again with no head check call on him. This kid and his blindside hits need need to be reviewed by the league and subsequently suspended. If he was wearing a Wolves jersey he would get 5-10 games. See Goyette and Larmand last two suspensions not even near as dangerous as this kids blind side hits and they get suspended. This league and refs are incredibly inconsistent.

WJ

Reactions: Section 103

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
I see Lukin and his dirty antics at it again. Knocked out Manikis last year and concussed him and no penalty on the hit. I see the refs again with no head check call on him. This kid and his blindside hits need need to be reviewed by the league and subsequently suspended. If he was wearing a Wolves jersey he would get 5-10 games. See Goyette and Larmand last two suspensions not even near as dangerous as this kids blind side hits and they get suspended. This league and refs are incredibly inconsistent.

WJ
:huh:

Reactions: Roadhog

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
As do I. It’s unfortunate when those types of things happened, especially on clean hits.
Unfortunately this is our 2nd player this season carted off on a stretcher. The first being Bresette who experienced the same hit, but was left with a broken collarbone. Bresette will be back next year.

The hard part is Cohen is an OA and if it ends his junior career that way, it would be devastating.

yacky

Jun 28, 2018

WJ
Lukin does live in your brain..come on man that was a clean hockey hit

Reactions: Poster man

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Lukin does live in your brain..come on man that was a clean hockey hit
If he did live in my brain he wouldn’t need to play hockey! And he shouldn’t he’s useless. Saginuik made him look silly and then he took it out on Cohen. If that was a clean hit you need to change your shorts.

WJ

Reactions: 7D442

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
If he did live in my brain he wouldn’t need to play hockey! And he shouldn’t he’s useless. Saginuik made him look silly and then he took it out on Cohen. If that was a clean hit you need to change your shorts.

WJ
Clean hit with a bad result. You'd never say this if it was a wolves player

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Dude North Bay is losing 4-1 and this was a dirty play to change momentum. Dirty dirty dirty. Oh nice to see the Bay lose anyway.

WJ
Dirty hits get four game suspensions.

Lukin knocks kids out of games with legal checks. He hits hard, often. He has knocked kids out of four games that I have seen without penalty this season. There might be more. It is not a fluke, be aware.

OttersZone

Jul 1, 2022
Erie PA
Otters 3 Wolves 8 Final

Otters played a good first period led 2 - 1 but the rest of the game shot 9 times, Sudbury scored three shorthanded goals, LaLonde allowed four and was pulled, Downey finished the game and also allowed four. An embarrassing game against a team that isn’t that good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad