Erie Otters 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Ouch! looks like the League gave Hoffmann 5 games off for that little display in Flint Wed.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Ouch! looks like the League gave Hoffmann 5 games off for that little display in Flint Wed.
That seems really harsh… I’m not sure he has any significant suspension history but nothing I recall. The only major issue to me was the “kick,” which is dangerous. But based on the replay, it wasn’t the worst thing I’ve seen and there was really no chance for any injury on the kick since his blade did not appear to leave the ice but I could be wrong. I would have guessed 2/3 games on the high end. Tbh 1 game would be most reasonable.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
That seems really harsh… I’m not sure he has any significant suspension history but nothing I recall. The only major issue to me was the “kick,” which is dangerous. But based on the replay, it wasn’t the worst thing I’ve seen and there was really no chance for any injury on the kick since his blade did not appear to leave the ice but I could be wrong. I would have guessed 2/3 games on the high end. Tbh 1 game would be most reasonable.
I was seated across the ice from where it happened and actually missed the takedown and the kick but I did see him crosscheck the kid when he was facedown on the ice. He also has quite a foul vocabulary based on what I could hear as he went into the tunnel 6 rows away from me. I know his mouth was running non stop all the way across the ice at the officials so wouldn't surprise me if he chirped his way into part of that suspension. Branch seems to be dropping the boot harder than usual on guys this season.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
C’mon. ANY time you kick a guy in the back laying on the ice you’re gonna get some games. The fact that it was an OA doing it to a 16yo just makes it extra punk. Kyrou should have seen disciplinary action for slashing Othmann in the face while he was down on the ice too. The next game in the D’Amato Cup could get interesting.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
C’mon. ANY time you kick a guy in the back laying on the ice you’re gonna get some games. The fact that it was an OA doing it to a 16yo just makes it extra punk. Kyrou should have seen disciplinary action for slashing Othmann in the face while he was down on the ice too. The next game in the D’Amato Cup could get interesting.

I stand by my post...if it had stopped with him pulling the player down by his neck, maybe a 5 minute major but he didn't let up. He showed zero remorse for his actions from the time it started until he disappeared from view. That is probably the main reason they are giving 5 games, regardless of his past.

Reactions: Toldyaso

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Yeah the age of the players means nothing to a suspension length… don’t care if he’s a “punk” in your book or not

I’m giving my opinion and you have your own but I’ve seen significantly worse get only 6-8 games. So to me this is 2/3 games… not 5 games. I stand by my thoughts

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I stand by my post...if it had stopped with him pulling the player down by his neck, maybe a 5 minute major but he didn't let up. He showed zero remorse for his actions from the time it started until he disappeared from view. That is probably the main reason they are giving 5 games, regardless of his past.
Just the takedown and I’m fine with two even though he landed a bit awkward.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Yeah the age of the players means nothing to a suspension length… don’t care if he’s a “punk” in your book or not

I’m giving my opinion and you have your own but I’ve seen significantly worse get only 6-8 games. So to me this is 2/3 games… not 5 games. I stand by my thoughts
Well… 2 games wouldn’t have shocked me and neither would have 6-8. I don’t think either of us would expect much consistency from the league. I wasn’t exactly trying to call Hoffman punk, haven’t seen enough to say but that particular 5 seconds absolutely was.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
And to send a message to the league no less. The kick was obvious upon going back to review it. That’s the part that was most concerning. He’s not a typical offender, but the kick and cross check while the guy was down wasn’t necessary. Totally deserved the suspension. We can’t afford to be short handed, but he should’ve just served the grab to the neck and let it go.

Reactions: Mata

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I just saw the play for the first time and holy shit that guy you replied to said 1 game for a kick in hockey??? Hoffman got off so easy imo. Hockey plays generally get lighter sentences. The second you get into the category of "not a hockey play" it should be raised. If I go to hit a guy and I end up clipping him in the chin, okay that's a suspension but its a hockey play, I was trying to hit him. The second I go to kick someone, that's not a hockey play. That's me trying to purposely injure a guy who's laying on the ice. I'm shocked it's not 10 games or more

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
I just saw the play for the first time and holy shit that guy you replied to said 1 game for a kick in hockey??? Hoffman got off so easy imo. Hockey plays generally get lighter sentences. The second you get into the category of "not a hockey play" it should be raised. If I go to hit a guy and I end up clipping him in the chin, okay that's a suspension but its a hockey play, I was trying to hit him. The second I go to kick someone, that's not a hockey play. That's me trying to purposely injure a guy who's laying on the ice. I'm shocked it's not 10 games or more
I didn’t say 1 game I said 2/3. I said 1 would have been just as reasonable as 5. That was my point

You aren’t the most neutral observer here. I think it’s hard to see straight for you on this team. The only time you post erie news is to beat a dead horse of negativity. So I’ll take your 10-15 games opinion as an insane attempt again to stir the pot.

Again I’ve seen worse get 6-8 games. I’ve also seen similar things get 4. This league is inconsistent with their discipline.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
I didn’t say 1 game I said 2/3. I said 1 would have been just as reasonable as 5. That was my point

You aren’t the most neutral observer here. I think it’s hard to see straight for you on this team. The only time you post erie news is to beat a dead horse of negativity. So I’ll take your 10-15 games opinion as an insane attempt again to stir the pot.

Again I’ve seen worse get 6-8 games. I’ve also seen similar things get 4. This league is inconsistent with their discipline.
I second this about Generalsupdates. He’s never had anything good to say about Erie and if you’re not for Oshawa your opinion is wrong to them.

No one is saying he didn’t deserve a suspension. 98% of people that really know hockey know it was the right call.

Reactions: NOA

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Sellan is back and not sure if it's the weather, but this crowd is by far the smallest so far this season.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Sellan is back and not sure if it's the weather, but this crowd is by far the smallest so far this season.
BJ honeymoon phase is over. The flint loss was bad and they can’t put together a full 60 minute effort, let alone 2 straight games. 75% of casual fans aren’t going anymore unless they get free tickets. Only people left are die hard fans and the random fans coming for their standard 2-4 games a year with the kids

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Usually our section is packed elbow to elbow, but tonight we have 32 people TOTAL in our section and one is the Otters bus driver. 5 are under the age of 3.

not a great turnout tonight.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Usually our section is packed elbow to elbow, but tonight we have 32 people TOTAL in our section and one is the Otters bus driver. 5 are under the age of 3.

not a great turnout tonight.

I'm honestly willing to bet the 60 - 70 mph wind gusts, the fires, trees down, and overall mess around the area is the main reason people are deciding to stay home.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
And another game where we can’t keep the puck out of our net at the end of the period.

overall, they look better and Lockhart goal was sick

Reactions: Mata

Eerie

Apr 27, 2020
And to send a message to the league no less. The kick was obvious upon going back to review it. That’s the part that was most concerning. He’s not a typical offender, but the kick and cross check while the guy was down wasn’t necessary. Totally deserved the suspension. We can’t afford to be short handed, but he should’ve just served the grab to the neck and let it go.
At this point in the season who gives a wind warning flying f***

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Think Bressette headed off to the locker room favoring his wrist after being taken down poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad