Erie Otters 2016-17 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
You can't never get enough talent, Cirelli name was out there before team Canada and the 2 goals in the memorial cup has nothing to do with his name he is a very good player and not taking anything away from Foegele who isalso a good player, but a team (Erie) has to get all the best for there run and that's not taking anything away from McShane & Lodina it's about this season not the furture because you don't know what the future brings.

Naz read my above,
Yes Cirelli is a bit better than Foegele but trading away a top 6 forward to get Cirelli doesn't improve our depth just our high end talent.
It's sorta like if Windsor moved Vilardi for Cirelli. Yes an improvement but you are adding and subtracting.
Lodnia probably going to get 30 goals and 75 points this year. Neumann going to get about 25-30 points this year. Erie can win with Foegele over Cirelli and can also lose. They can also lose if they add Cirelli.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Naz read my above,
Yes Cirelli is a bit better than Foegele but trading away a top 6 forward to get Cirelli doesn't improve our depth just our high end talent.
It's sorta like if Windsor moved Vilardi for Cirelli. Yes an improvement but you are adding and subtracting.
Lodnia probably going to get 30 goals and 75 points this year. Neumann going to get about 25-30 points this year. Erie can win with Foegele over Cirelli and can also lose. They can also lose if they add Cirelli.

I understand the point you are trying to make, but I would argue that isn't actually an upgrade for Windsor.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
If McShane + two 3rds doesn't get it done for Cirelli, then if I'm Dave Brown, I hang up the phone. There isn't a deal to be had there that makes sense for the Otters imo.

Would back that thought up as well. If Erie still wants to add a forward then go knocking on a cheap Carbonara type like London did. But I would go for a defender first unless Cirelli could be had for McShane

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
If McShane + two 3rds doesn't get it done for Cirelli, then if I'm Dave Brown, I hang up the phone. There isn't a deal to be had there that makes sense for the Otters imo.

Sompel & Cirelli for Lodina & McShane :popcorn:

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
I understand the point you are trying to make, but I would argue that isn't actually an upgrade for Windsor.

Vilardi for Bracco. Either way, still wouldn't be a significant upgrade enough to do it. Foegele over Neumann is a significant upgrade for this year

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
folks I can report that Brown has basically said "we ain't done"
Brown saying he owes it to his vets to get over the hump. They are all in

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Thanks for the post. Always nice hearing their thoughts.
Looks like theyre not done yet.

His owe it to the players idea is awesome to hear. Guys like Strome, Darren Raddysh, Pettit have been through this whole process. To some extent Taylor Raddysh and Debrincat. They deserve to not go half way in but rather "all in"

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
His owe it to the players idea is awesome to hear. Guys like Strome, Darren Raddysh, Pettit have been through this whole process. To some extent Taylor Raddysh and Debrincat. They deserve to not go half way in but rather "all in"

He definitely saw a different picture than you painted pre season ;)
And saw it as far back as last deadline.
Its always tough to gauge how teams will stack up pre season. We get most close but one or two always surprise usfans in either direction.
He has judged his squad and its potential very well.
You fans are in for a good ride.

London or any1 else has a very tough hill to clim b.

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
All in means cirelli and vande somple to Erie for lodnia and mcshane. Erie wins the west and OHL and has high chance of winning memorial cup with those two adds. Oshawa might get two rounds then oshawa can send multiple seconds and thirds to Erie next year for raddyshfor Oshawa run and Erie replenishes the draft cupboard.

When Oshawa won Mem cup they rolled 4 lines and three lines could score and two sets of d could play a lot of minutes.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Last edited:

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
All in means cirelli and vande somple to Erie for lodnia and mcshane. Erie wins the west and OHL and has high chance of winning memorial cup with those two adds. Oshawa might get two rounds then oshawa can send multiple seconds and thirds to Erie next year for raffish for Oshawa run and Erie replenishes the draft cupboard.

When Oshawa won Mem cup they rolled 4 lines and three lines could score and two sets of d could play a lot of minutes.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

B 22 O 56 we have bingo :hockey:

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I don't think that move really makes sense for Erie, it would weaken their depth up front. Let's say they made that move, what would their lineup look like?

Maksimovich-Strome-Raddysh
Foegele-Cirelli-DeBrincat
Bily-Pettit-Fellows
Edwardson-Poddubnyi-Girhiny

This essentially gives Erie two first lines but the bottom six is much weaker. I don't think that it's worth the upgrade to the defense.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I don't think that move really makes sense for Erie, it would weaken their depth up front. Let's say they made that move, what would their lineup look like?

Maksimovich-Strome-Raddysh
Foegele-Cirelli-DeBrincat
Bily-Pettit-Fellows
Edwardson-Poddubnyi-Girhiny

This essentially gives Erie two first lines but the bottom six is much weaker. I don't think that it's worth the upgrade to the defense.

but your GM say there not done!:popcorn:

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Yes, I listened to the interview. But I am just pointing out I don't see that being the move Brown makes, it hurts the offensive depth.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
I like the move. Neuman was fun to watch, but too easy to knock off the puck. He would fly down the ice with lightening speed, and then lose the puck. I think and hope that DB doesn't do much more. Lodnia and McShane should be untouchables. It is not unrealistic to think that Erie gets a real good shot this year, and still will be competitive next year. Just trading for big names does not guarantee a Memorial Cup.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
Naz, big names on the trading block. I know you would love to get Lodnia and McShane, but hopefully ain't gonna happen.

7D442

Apr 27, 2015
ERIE PA
well good news to see that Brown/ and mgt are going for it!!!!:handclap::handclap: Appears there going about it the right way-and not giving up the entire future to do it..
Solid organization and proud we have them here !!

So this Foegele kid, he's that good to be compared to Cirelli in like the same sentence??cant say ive ever heard of him but really don't follow other teams that much..sounds pretty impressive from what you guys have said

also is he an overager??-how many years left in addition to this year would he have with us

Hey NAZ-That had to be fastest "rebuild" if you call it that- from the Gens championship year..WOW..hated to admit it then but that team was stacked.and Whatever happen to that goalie you guys had-Applebee-that kid was a stud...he still playing and where at.. ahl,echl?

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Biggest priority now is a 3-4 defender.
Guy from Sarnia on here weeks back was sure Erie was already going to add a top 4 guy.
That's the first priority. After that I would look to add another top 9 forward. Doesn't have to be a flashy name but a guy that can add some offense to the 3rd line would help.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
well good news to see that Brown/ and mgt are going for it!!!!:handclap::handclap: Appears there going about it the right way-and not giving up the entire future to do it..
Solid organization and proud we have them here !!

So this Foegele kid, he's that good to be compared to Cirelli in like the same sentence??cant say ive ever heard of him but really don't follow other teams that much..sounds pretty impressive from what you guys have said

also is he an overager??-how many years left in addition to this year would he have with us

Hey NAZ-That had to be fastest "rebuild" if you call it that- from the Gens championship year..WOW..hated to admit it then but that team was stacked.and Whatever happen to that goalie you guys had-Applebee-that kid was a stud...he still playing and where at.. ahl,echl?

Appleby is playing for New Jerseys farm team goes between Echl and the ahl. that memorial cup team was awesome to watch, I think SSM was the most talented but oshawa just they jelled that was probably one of the most pleasant teams to watch and been a gens (ohl)fan for over 40 years. wasn't pleased of some of the trade that were made but glad they did it:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad